5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock exhaust found liquid dripping from muffler

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
After work yesterday I noticed two new puddles under the truck as I walked up to it. They were in a very odd place directly under the muffler. So I looked and saw some sort of liquid leaking from the front of the muffler, flowing down to the back and dripping off. Not sure what it could be other than maybe fuel? See attached. It's going in for the new sway bar tomorrow and I'll definitely bring this up as it's a new issue (it's never leaked before).

Attachments

• 20190508_194040.jpg
    20190508_194040.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 178
  • 20190508_194046.jpg
    20190508_194046.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 20190508_194053.jpg
    20190508_194053.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 170

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After work yesterday I noticed two new puddles under the truck as I walked up to it. They were in a very odd place directly under the muffler. So I looked and saw some sort of liquid leaking from the front of the muffler, flowing down to the back and dripping off. Not sure what it could be other than maybe fuel? See attached. It's going in for the new sway bar tomorrow and I'll definitely bring this up as it's a new issue (it's never leaked before).

New sway bar?

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
New sway bar?
Some folks (myself included) had loose sway bar end link bolts, which would cause a bang or clunk while driving, turning, etc. FCA's solution is to replace the entire sway bar assembly... I simply went under the car with a socket wrench and fixed it in 30 seconds. Took longer to crawl under than to fix it.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Water in the exhaust system is normal. If it's dripping from the location you pictured, my guess is that there's a bad or broken weld in the muffler. It looks like there's a dent in the vacinity, did you hit something?

J4U

Reaction score
That's not much compared to mine it seems to have relieved itself some times as if it went through a 6 pack... Puddles I tell ya

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Glad I asked here before bringing it up with the dealer tomorrow. I remembered something about weep holes but since this is the first time I noticed anything I had to ask :D

ramhead

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread - I was about to call service and make an appt. I have the drips in the exact same locations - it's apparent they designed our systems with weep holes at muffler front & back so as not to have water build up and lay in the muffler or or pipes. No more water blowing out the exhaust tips seems like a likely benefit too.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread - I was about to call service and make an appt. I have the drips in the exact same locations - it's apparent they designed our systems with weep holes at muffler front & back so as not to have water build up and lay in the muffler or or pipes. No more water blowing out the exhaust tips seems like a likely benefit too.
Yep.

Users who are viewing this thread