5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Alpine Subwoofer wire colors

Sking87

Reaction score
New here, Ive spent several hours looking for what each wire is on the stock subwoofer and can’t find anything. It’s for a 2019 Ram Rebel with 10 speaker Alpine system. Im trying to hook up a LOC to run aftermarket amp and subwoofers. I know this isn’t the best place to get signal but it is the easiest. I bought the ANC harness however it doesn’t work with my truck because it is factory amplified. Any info is appreciated.
efcddb35dfc778296c1223508cba1678.jpg

Last edited:

MoparMan2022

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 w/ the 10 speaker alpine system as well, but I do have the ANC module under my seat from what I've seen.

This is exactly what I'm trying to figure out as well. I want to tap into 2 of these wires (if possible) for signal to LC2i pro so I can get that low input voltage signal to my aftermarket amplifier. Have you discovered anything or found out new information since starting this thread? I have the ANC module under my drivers seat so I can easily bypass that with a harness like LLJ customs Jeep | Dodge | RAM ANC bypass harness 2018-2023, but I have yet to find where the factory alpine amplifier is located.

The most I've found from research and forums is it's possible that 2/6 of those wires may be connected to the ANC system. Which it's not common to see a triple voice coil subwoofer thus my confusion with the whole situation. Supposedly, each voice coil has a 2.2 ohm load, so I have yet to really find a definitive answer.

Then another individual stated that 4/6 of those wires were used for "upper door speakers" in the harman kardon system, and Ram instead of removing them just created an application (subwoofer) were the original wiring could be used between either premium system.

Hopefully this helps and we can figure something out or at least gain more knowledge.

MoparMan2022

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 w/ the 10 speaker alpine system as well, but I do have the ANC module under my seat from what I've seen.

This is exactly what I'm trying to figure out as well. I want to tap into 2 of these wires (if possible) for signal to LC2i pro so I can get that low input voltage signal to my aftermarket amplifier. Have you discovered anything or found out new information since starting this thread? I have the ANC module under my drivers seat so I can easily bypass that with a harness like LLJ customs Jeep | Dodge | RAM ANC bypass harness 2018-2023, but I have yet to find where the factory alpine amplifier is located.

The most I've found from research and forums is it's possible that 2/6 of those wires may be connected to the ANC system. Which it's not common to see a triple voice coil subwoofer thus my confusion with the whole situation. Supposedly, each voice coil has a 2.2 ohm load, so I have yet to really find a definitive answer.

Then another individual stated that 4/6 of those wires were used for "upper door speakers" in the harman kardon system, and Ram instead of removing them just created an application (subwoofer) were the original wiring could be used between either premium system.

Hopefully this helps and we can figure something out or at least gain more knowledge.

Update, most likely, 4/6 of those wires are used for "upper door speakers" in the harman kardon system, and Ram instead of removing them just created an application (subwoofer) were the original wiring could be used between either premium system. Wiring diagram from (Billet1500 4x4) I believe. So question remains what 2 wires out of the 6 are going to give the better signal for the line output converter? Or should we use the 4 other ones instead?

Attachments

• Alpine AMP connections.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

IndianaRam

Reaction score
When I hooked up my LC2i I tapped into the wires under the driver's seat by the factory amp. I think I tapped into the rear speakers. I never had any problems with signal.

MoparMan2022

Reaction score
When I hooked up my LC2i I tapped into the wires under the driver's seat by the factory amp. I think I tapped into the rear speakers. I never had any problems with signal.
Gotcha, I may be mistaken as I don't know where the OEM factory amplifier is for the alpine system yet, but I think the module under my drivers seat is just where ANC hooks into. However, I could be wrong. I know from research that the HK systems OEM factory amp is located under the drivers seat. Do you have the alpine or HK system. Thank you for your response! If that module is in fact the amp&ANC then that would save me from removing the passenger rear seat and getting to the subwoofer wires to pull a signal there.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I had the Alpine system, and the amp is located under the driver's seat. I didn't have to pull my driver's seat out, just moved it up as far as it would go and tapped into the wiring. It was a pain, but you can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread