5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock 20" wheels? Wondering about tire size? Look here.

Rjsacs

Reaction score
My tires are 35”. And 10 wide. Any wider and I would have to have a lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoparGuy

Reaction score

Thank you. I was wondering how long it was going to take for somebody to post the 305s. If I spend $1,200 on tires, I'm sure as heck not going back with a stock width, especially on these 9" wide wheels. My factory 275s are stretched onto these things. 305 all the way.
I have the same color 2019 North Edition with similar options except mine has the 5.7 eTorque. I tried to expand the 4 X 4 decal as it looks like something else is written. Does that by chance say North Edition? The 19s had no badging at all.

MoparGuy

Reaction score

I like my stock 20" rims and I also like my Falken Wildpeak AT3s. I would like to move up to a 33' or 35" tire if Falken makes them but i'm not sure if the stock wheel will support those sizes?" I currently only have the factory 1" lift but I assume I would have to go with a 2" to support the 33' or the 35" tire? I've also read several posts on this site that you sacrifice MPGs substantially with the larger tires. Any insight on these questions would be much appreciated.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same color 2019 North Edition with similar options except mine has the 5.7 eTorque. I tried to expand the 4 X 4 decal as it looks like something else is written. Does that by chance say North Edition? The 19s had no badging at all.

Are you talking about the bed side decal?

Attachments

• 20200319_090125.jpg
    20200319_090125.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 79

1guyandtools

Reaction score
Every time that I start thinking about getting new tires I spend hours going through the forum looking for pictures of others trucks with the tire size listed. Recently, I decided that I actually like the 20" wheels that came with my truck and that I will keep them. However, the tires are going to be replaced soon. So, of course, that decision led me to searching the forum once again.
The problem with finding pictures is that I have to look through so many different threads and posts. So, I saved some of the pictures that I have been looking at along with the details provided by the owners. I have decided to create this thread as a place where those who have 20" stock wheels can go to look at various tire sizes on a 5th Gen to help them in the decision making process. Many of you will see your truck here along with the details that I could extract from the posts. If I made a mistake please bear with me and correct my mistake.
This will take me a little time to get everything posted. So, here I go.....

The best rated tires are the Michelin Defender LTX MS. They look good and have the best ride, noise level, traction, ect. I made the mistake of going to 22s. The ride is not as good as the sidewall is 1 inch shorter. If I could do it over I would stick with the factory 20s and put on the Michelins. 20190703_213152.jpg

MoparGuy

Reaction score
Are you talking about the bed side decal?
Yes, that’s what I was referring to. I like that. The 2019 model had no badging to distinguish it was a North Edition. I was going to have my local decal shop put North Edition underneath the factory 4x4 using the same font and colors so it looked factory. Now that I see yours and what the factory is using on the 2020s, I’m not sure what direction to go?

Rjsacs

Reaction score
No badge for the North Edition. Never new there was such a model lol

Users who are viewing this thread