5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock 20" wheels - before & after Bilstein 5100 2" level & 285/65/20 Falken WildPeak tires - pics to compare

tpetty

Reaction score
I know this is always a popular question on these forums, and I think there is no better way than before & after pics to help people decide.

2020 Longhorn 4x4. No air suspension. No off road package.

First pic is completely stock. 20" wheels.

I put front Bilstein adjustable struts on, giving me the 2" level. Falken WildPeak tires with an outside dimension of 34.6"

Just had it done yesterday, so I have no long term report. Rides well. Road noise is slighly louder than stock, to be expected with aggressive tread. I think it looks really nice.

Last edited:

tpetty

Reaction score
Stock

Attachments

• truckstock.jpg
    truckstock.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 318
  • truckstock2.jpg
    truckstock2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 314

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's easier to compare the before and after if you put the pics in the same post and better yet if you create a collage. I didn't have time to resize your photos.
20221201_150432.jpg

Ruger

Reaction score
It's easier to compare the before and after if you put the pics in the same post and better yet if you create a collage. I didn't have time to resize your photos.
View attachment 145055
T petty, great looking ride brother and thanks for taking the time to put out the great info and comparison.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great job. There’s so many tire size options and lift options its hard to really lock on whats going to look amazing and still function perfect for the intended owner.. i think you nailed especially keeping the stock rims I think this might be the size I go with. 35s always looked too stuffed with just a level to me but these 34s look perfect.

Later Tater

Reaction score
Very nice! This may be my solution as well. Like other's have said, sooooo many options.

One question, do you have any rubbing? It looks like there's plenty of clearance.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
That’s the setup I want on my 2020 limited but my honest opinion tells me those
Are to heavy for these 1/2 tons those are E1 load range tires weighing in at 68lbs a tire with 10 ply’s which makes you feel every imperfection on the road aside from being stressing on the trans. Juts seems like the ride quality would completely change. Or what do you think?

frisby5

Reaction score
I just leveled my truck 2in RoughCountry loaded struts and im now looking at tires .im keeping my 20s that came with my truck . Im curious about the strain on my tranny with 3.21 gears. Im looking at 285 65 20 tires to.

tpetty

Reaction score
I just leveled my truck 2in RoughCountry loaded struts and im now looking at tires .im keeping my 20s that came with my truck . Im curious about the strain on my tranny with 3.21 gears. Im looking at 285 65 20 tires to.
No rubbing.

I can't really comment on transmission wear. I've put a couple hundred miles on them. Slightly more road noise, but I don't notice an appreciably rougher ride.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
That size wiild
Look badass in the truck but the E load
scares me.

gofishn

Reaction score
That’s the setup I want on my 2020 limited but my honest opinion tells me those
Are to heavy for these 1/2 tons those are E1 load range tires weighing in at 68lbs a tire with 10 ply’s which makes you feel every imperfection on the road aside from being stressing on the trans. Juts seems like the ride quality would completely change. Or what do you think?
uh, not really. Also got shocks and springs to absorb road imperfections, not to mention, tire pressure changes hwo tires behave.

But, yes,the stiffer, stronger sidewall will be more noticeable.
E rated tire is wasted on a half ton truck. D is preferable.

If putting bills on the front, do the rears too. Like Tires, set of 4, matching and same age, is best.
IF trading in months or miles, don;t worry about it.

If ya want to know why the above statement makes sense, go put on a old shoe AND a new one, let me know how ti feels after hundred miles.
Better, yet, try shoes from different manufacturers.

frisby5

Reaction score
No rubbing.

I can't really comment on transmission wear. I've put a couple hundred miles on them. Slightly more road noise, but I don't notice an appreciably rougher ride.
Thats good ,i just ordered some General grabbers atx hope they are a good tire

sessman

Reaction score
I know this is always a popular question on these forums, and I think there is no better way than before & after pics to help people decide.

2020 Longhorn 4x4. No air suspension. No off road package.

First pic is completely stock. 20" wheels.

I put front Bilstein adjustable struts on, giving me the 2" level. Falken WildPeak tires with an outside dimension of 34.6"

Just had it done yesterday, so I have no long term report. Rides well. Road noise is slighly louder than stock, to be expected with aggressive tread. I think it looks really nice.
Can you link the Bilstein leveling kit you used? That is exactly the look I want. I have the night edition 22s which I'd like to reuse. Any reason that wouldn't work? (Super new to this).

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you link the Bilstein leveling kit you used? That is exactly the look I want. I have the night edition 22s which I'd like to reuse. Any reason that wouldn't work? (Super new to this).
Most, if not all, answers will be found here:

and here:

frisby5

Reaction score
I got my tires general grabbers 275 65 20s , Rough country 2inch loaded struts and Motofab 1inch rear spacers installed. I know i had asked a few of you questions on this thread. I am happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

• 17658 (1).jpeg
    17658 (1).jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread