5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stitch came undone

DanD

Reaction score
I had a set of keys in my back pocket last night, didn’t realize it till I got out of my truck and felt a small tug. I saw I popped a stitch in the seat. Is there a way to fix this? I know it’s small but just worried it will get caught again causing a bigger issues. 33F58EFB-ADE8-4A86-B02F-9A27F0096E9B.jpeg

Scjon03

Reaction score
This happen to me years ago. I had to undo the seat cover and wrap a thin string around the center of loop with a thin needle. Pushed it back through and tied it off or use very little glue to keep it in place. Just be careful not to undone the others.

DanD

Reaction score
This happen to me years ago. I had to undo the seat cover and wrap a thin string around the center of loop with a thin needle. Pushed it back through and tied it off or use very little glue to keep it in place. Just be careful not to undone the others.
That’s not a bad idea... might just have to do that.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Just take some fingernail clippers and cut it flush

ac1dd

Reaction score
I had a set of keys in my back pocket last night, didn’t realize it till I got out of my truck and felt a small tug. I saw I popped a stitch in the seat. Is there a way to fix this? I know it’s small but just worried it will get caught again causing a bigger issues. View attachment 58085

The important part is that you don't want it coming undone anymore than it already has. If you didn't actually break the thread I would take a needle and push the loose part back into the hole and just use a little shoe goo to keep it in place. just a tiny pin head amount in the hole with the thread pushed back in.

DanD

Reaction score
The important part is that you don't want it coming undone anymore than it already has. If you didn't actually break the thread I would take a needle and push the loose part back into the hole and just use a little shoe goo to keep it in place. just a tiny pin head amount in the hole with the thread pushed back in.
Oh that's another good idea. I was thinking if theres was a way to just push it back in with it not coming back out.

Users who are viewing this thread