5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still rake after ZONE 6" lift???

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
So I had a very reputable local shop install a 6" ZONE lift with upgraded (rear) fox shocks and upgraded ZONE UCAs on my truck back in July. My idea and from i read everywhere was this would level the truck, but i clearly still have a bit of rake which drives me crazy!! When i measure on level ground the front always measure 1"-1.5" lower than the back! I contacted ZONE (BDS) and they are very short with me every time I ask for any service, tips etc... They told me a 1" rake seems normal and to give the rear end some time to "settle" . Well its been 3-4 months now and im sick of waiting for the rear end to "settle" lol...so I figured I'd turn to all you smart folks here on helping me get my truck to sit more level! Does anyone else have this same zone kit installed, and if so what are your measurements? Is this normal for the Zone kit? Any ideas how i can achieve roughly 1 more inch of lift on my front end? I will attach some pictures to try and show! I'm not sure what 6" kits the dealerships use on the factory lifted trucks like the Badlander or Black widows whatever they call them, but my local dealership has a brand new one and its sits perfectly level and when I park next to it my front end is clearly a tad lower when matching up my mirrors and front bumper etc... Overall the truck looks a million times nicer IMO than it did stock, and the rake honestly isn't super noticeable in person, but depending on how I'm parked I can totally tell and it drives me CRAZY! The picture i took from behind parked up next to my house kind of exaggerates it and shows what I'm talking about! Any ideas or tips would be GREATLY appreciated! 🤙

Attachments

• Truck3.jpg
    Truck3.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Put a spacer in the front. But I would leave it. Looks awesome as is. I see no noticeable rake. Perfect stance, don't risk looking nose high when everything settles

familywagon

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t have any advice, but I also don’t see rake. Looks dead level to me. Looks really good

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Put a spacer in the front. But I would leave it. Looks awesome as is. I see no noticeable rake. Perfect stance, don't risk looking nose high when everything settles
Thanks man. yes I worry about that also, I 100% do not want to be nose high! The whole Cali-lean does not appeal to me.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

mplaramie

Reaction score
I agree with others that it looks level so I wouldn't mess with it. The Ram body shape can look nose high with anything under 1/2 rake. Looks awesome!

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Looks level to me. Anything more youll probably squat which you dont want. Id also stay away from adding spacers to it.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coming from the 4th Gen w/ Superlift 6" and others were known to sit with a rake like factory.

Many ran Adjustable Bilstein 5100/6112 to level the front. Does Fox make an adjustable front coilovers to work with the Zone knuckles? I know with BDS and Zone on 4th Gen certain coilovers would only work.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
So I had a very reputable local shop install a 6" ZONE lift with upgraded (rear) fox shocks and upgraded ZONE UCAs on my truck back in July. My idea and from i read everywhere was this would level the truck, but i clearly still have a bit of rake which drives me crazy!! When i measure on level ground the front always measure 1"-1.5" lower than the back! I contacted ZONE (BDS) and they are very short with me every time I ask for any service, tips etc... They told me a 1" rake seems normal and to give the rear end some time to "settle" . Well its been 3-4 months now and im sick of waiting for the rear end to "settle" lol...so I figured I'd turn to all you smart folks here on helping me get my truck to sit more level! Does anyone else have this same zone kit installed, and if so what are your measurements? Is this normal for the Zone kit? Any ideas how i can achieve roughly 1 more inch of lift on my front end? I will attach some pictures to try and show! I'm not sure what 6" kits the dealerships use on the factory lifted trucks like the Badlander or Black widows whatever they call them, but my local dealership has a brand new one and its sits perfectly level and when I park next to it my front end is clearly a tad lower when matching up my mirrors and front bumper etc... Overall the truck looks a million times nicer IMO than it did stock, and the rake honestly isn't super noticeable in person, but depending on how I'm parked I can totally tell and it drives me CRAZY! The picture i took from behind parked up next to my house kind of exaggerates it and shows what I'm talking about! Any ideas or tips would be GREATLY appreciated! 🤙
Off Road group vs non off road group. In the front you are stacking a spacer on top of what you have, in the rear you are replacing the coil, which is the same part they send whether you have ORG or not. Simplet answer, if you have Non ORG front springs/struts find some ORG ones to put and achieve 1" more height in the front and still be a factory part.

*edited to add - I would leave it alone, looks fine. I had the opposite problem, my rear was a little low. Looked fine but I have Timber Grove airbags with internal bump stops and the bump stops were bottoming out too soon. I have the Off Road Group. So my front lift was 6" but my rear was only 4" above my factory ORG height. Complicated I know. My fix was to add a 1" spacer to the rear BDS springs. Rides great, looks great.

Last edited:

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks fine… its a truck not a Honda keep a little rake especially if you load the bed with some weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread