5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sticky door pull handle

VinnyRam

Reaction score
The interior door pull handle on my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited feels sticky to the touch. This only happened on the driver side door. It feels tacky when I grab it to close the door. I cleaned it well but the surface still feel sticky when compare to the other 3 in the truck. Anyone experiencing this? Does anyone know how to remove the handle? I'm thinking of buying a new handle and install it myself instead of taking it to the dealer. Last time I took it there, they put a dent in my door.

Attachments

• door handle.jpg
    door handle.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
@VinnyRam I havent noticed that but I will pay closer attention to it next time I am in the vehicle. I clean the every inch of the interior with Mopar all purpose cleaner every other week or so though.

dreinert

Reaction score
Any luck resolving this? I have a ram 1500 limited as well and feel the same thing. Ive cleaned, conditioned, left alone, tried damp towel, but it’s still the same unless it’s cold out.

ProKubinator

Reaction score
My steering wheel was the same way and I got laughed at from the dealer. They literally told me to "wash my hands". My truck is probably cleaner than most on the showroom.

My fix was to buy a new steering wheel myself because I didn't feel like dealing with the dealer. You may have to do the same for your door panel, sadly

Users who are viewing this thread