5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STERLING HEIGHTS ASSEMBLY PLANT

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
to keep ram management happy i typed what I saw

INFORMATION BULLETIN FOR EMPLOYEES
UPDATED - VACATION SHUTDOWN NOTICE
IN ACCORDANCE WITH LETTER (69) PLANT VACATION SHUTDOWN U.S.
PLANTS OF THE 2019 LETTERS, MEMORANDA AND AGREEMENTS,
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT
WILL BE OBSERVING A LAUNCH VACATION SHUTDOWN FOR THE WEEKS OF
July 1,2024—July 14, 2024
THERE WILL ALSO BE A TEMPORARY LAYOFF FOR THE WEEK OF
July 15, 2024—July 21, 2024
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTIFIED, NO EMPLOYEES ARE TO REPORT TO WORK
DURING THIS TIME PERIOD.

so no work july one through july 21 2024
3 and 1/2 weeks shut down

mods delete if you feel ram management will be upset.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not surprising. Lots are full of trucks and none of them are moving, especially 2025’s.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO couldn’t be worse timing for RAM/ Stellantis, you have a new MY truck that is a a mild refresH, besides the new engine which a lot of people don’t want.

Add that to a crappy economy, high inflation, ridiculous interest rates, less ordering flexibility as far as options/ features without being pushed into a higher trim/ package you may not want or can’t afford, no significant manufacturer rebates/ discounts, financing offers plus increased sticker price and you have a recipe for disaster.

IMO RAM was the best bang for the buck. Those used to be selling points for Dodge/ RAM and what brought me to the brand 20+ years ago. Since then I’ve been a loyal customer buying a new vehicle every 2-3 years. Not this time I’ll sit on the one I have currently until the economy improves and interest rates come down. Then I will be taking a serious look at the other brands.

Sorry to those of you who are/ will be affected by those shutdowns/ layoffs.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It's been discussed and planned since at least December, though they've moved the dates.
It is for re-tooling the line to make the REV. If I recall correctly, will be twice this year.
They've been telling us since December that there will be a low supply of Ram 1500s by mid-summer as a result - which is why you don't see even the 2024 1500s with amazing rebates.

UNSAFE

Reaction score
It's been discussed and planned since at least December, though they've moved the dates.
It is for re-tooling the line to make the REV. If I recall correctly, will be twice this year.
They've been telling us since December that there will be a low supply of Ram 1500s by mid-summer as a result - which is why you don't see even the 2024 1500s with amazing rebates.
Did they have scheduled shut downs in May and June also?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even worse shutting down to retool your line to produce a vehicle even less people want. Sure seems like self inflicted wounds to me.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Have they said whether this will affect their production of the higher trims that haven’t really begun to ramp up yet? Obviously no production for the next three weeks, but after the three week shutdown I was kinda hoping/anticipating that the flood gates would open on our trucks.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Even worse shutting down to retool your line to produce a vehicle even less people want. Sure seems like self inflicted wounds to me.
especially when they have sold trucks waiting to be built since January! they just started building the limited level A and tungsten's this past week and now they are closing the plant to retool for a truck nobody is pounding the door down to get, now it looks like early September for me at the very earliest maybe longer on my limited, this is such bull S--t. I have never had this problem with Gm no wonder ram has changed hands so many times. yes, I am Poed right now sorry for the rant.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
especially when they have sold trucks waiting to be built since January! they just started building the limited level A and tungsten's this past week and now they are closing the plant to retool for a truck nobody is pounding the door down to get, now it looks like early September for me at the very earliest maybe longer on my limited, this is such bull S--t. I have never had this problem with Gm no wonder ram has changed hands so many times. yes, I am Poed right now sorry for the rant.
Honestly, I'd want them to build a lot of other trucks before mine after the retooling... make sure it's all up to snuff and the QV is there...

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
So there's still a chance I may still be able to get a 2024 next year when my lease is up?!?!

🙏

Users who are viewing this thread