5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stereo Upgrade Help

cfederico

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 1500 Bighorn Etorque Crew Cab. I have the 12" Screen with the factory Alpine system.

I just did an upgrade to the system using the PAC Amppro AP4-CH41 (R.2), Additional Harness needed for the new Ram's, CH-03 ANC Harness, Kicker KS Series 3 1/2 inch speakers in the dash corners, Kicker KS Series 6x9's in the front and rear doors, Kenwood Excelon KFC-X3C 3 1/2 inch in the rear headliner, Kicker Comp R 10 inch sub and Kicker amps for the sub and other 8 speakers.

Install was pretty easy. However, after giving all the information above my rear chime for my backup sensors aren't working. The sensors themselves are working but not chiming. The front sensors are working and chime.

I downloaded the PAC PC app thinking I may need to turn on the rear sensor chime or turn up the chime. Both the rear and front sensor chimes were on and I did turn the chime up. I even turned it all the way up and the rear still didn't chime. I also checked for any firmware updates and the firmware is up to date.

I called PAC but I was at work when I was talking to them and they aren't open on the weekends. I also tried calling Crutchfield where I got all the stuff and they also referred me to call PAC directly. I'm wondering if anyone on here ran into this problem and can possibly give me some direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way the stereo sounds FANTASTIC! Just trying to workout this chime issue.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Did you download the latest software before installing? Check the dip switches on the AmpPro?

cfederico

Reaction score
Did you download the latest software before installing? Check the dip switches on the AmpPro?
Yeap, I did both.

I spoke with PAC today and they think I may have connection 3 & 4 crossed up with 5 & 6 on the AmpPRO. I don't think I do but I'm going to double check that.

Fbird

Reaction score
New 21" owner here with "good" stereo" that "SUCKS" ..so did you change your head unit or only add real speakers and amps? The OE system is good for mom driving with the windows up air on listening to CCR.....NOT ME I am used to a pair of 12"s with a 1000.1 mtx jamming to Grand Magus or Megadeth, Priest....etc.... I and 1 week into ownership and require guidance on my FIRST ever Dodge product.

Brunzca

Reaction score
New 21" owner here with "good" stereo" that "SUCKS" ..so did you change your head unit or only add real speakers and amps? The OE system is good for mom driving with the windows up air on listening to CCR.....NOT ME I am used to a pair of 12"s with a 1000.1 mtx jamming to Grand Magus or Megadeth, Priest....etc.... I and 1 week into ownership and require guidance on my FIRST ever Dodge product.
Changing the HU is almost impossible, since it controls everything else. Just get a PAC Ap4-ch41 for a flat signal, a CH03 harness for the speakers, and run whatever amps and subs you want

Fbird

Reaction score
MY plan is to add a 400 watt kenwood to the OE speakers AND a MTX 1000 for a 12" single sub (or dual 10")

ANY HELP is much appreciated!!!

Fbird

Reaction score
Holly s**** batman....modern stuff sure does suck.... $350 just to hook crap up....argh

Fbird

Reaction score
i've got STUFF ...just lookimg to dee what it takes to hook chit up.....argh f**** argh

Honda533

Reaction score
that chime may need a load resister. all these new cars use the speakers for chime and system sees a speaker connect and gives the green light. WHen we hook up amps and processers the system no longer sees the load (or ohms) of the speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread