5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stereo comes on with remote start

Hutch70

Reaction score
It's been about 24 hours now and I've noticed that when I remote start my RAM the screen turns on and music is playing. Is this normal? My other vehicles don't play music until I push the ignition button.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
It's been about 24 hours now and I've noticed that when I remote start my RAM the screen turns on and music is playing. Is this normal? My other vehicles don't play music until I push the ignition button.
yes. it also did this with my 13 ram.

mtehonica

Reaction score
Seriously?! This is stupid. I love how my 17 Grand Cherokee Uconnect doesn’t turn the radio on with remote start.

warvet

Reaction score
I gotta stop reading this forum.....I remote start every day (at work) and by the time I ride the elevator down 6 floors and walk into the parking lot, my car is cool........and I've never noticed if the radio was on or not.

:)

mtehonica

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't necessarily *care* that the stereo turns on, what I do care about is music blasting from the car. Usually its so high because you use bluetooth and need to turn it up or something and then it defaults back to radio when you start it if bluetooth isn't connected or whatever. Whatever the reason, someone else mentioned it before but with everything else these cars and trucks do autonomously, knowing to silence the radio or not turn it on at all when remote started, should be a given. You can't always remember to turn the radio down before you get out, nor should I have to for $65-$70k :)

Cluck

Reaction score
Do these new RAM trucks have an option where you can set "startup volume" low when you first crank up?

warvet

Reaction score
Well I’m outside now. Turned the truck on and turned the music up. Turned the truck off and remote started. No music came on. When I opened the door, the music came on at the volume I had set before.

I know we all have our likes and dislikes and I can’t argue yours ——I like it just as it is. Are you saying your music is blasting as you walk up to get in? Or when you open the door.

As for me —maybe it doesn’t bother me to have my music come on when I open the door because it’s one less thing I have to do. I’ll admit I don’t blast my music so loud that when I do open the door after remote start that it’s super loud.

mtehonica

Reaction score
Well I’m outside now. Turned the truck on and turned the music up. Turned the truck off and remote started. No music came on. When I opened the door, the music came on at the volume I had set before.

I know we all have our likes and dislikes and I can’t argue yours ——I like it just as it is. Are you saying your music is blasting as you walk up to get in? Or when you open the door.

As for me —maybe it doesn’t bother me to have my music come on when I open the door because it’s one less thing I have to do. I’ll admit I don’t blast my music so loud that when I do open the door after remote start that it’s super loud.

Yeah I just tested this at the dealership today on a 19 Limited (w/ eTorque by the way)... it did exactly as you said, just like my 17 Grand Cherokee, which I'm happy with. So this is a non-issue for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread