5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steps that look good and don't break the bank

revvr

Reaction score
I just leased a 2020 Ram Rebel and got a pretty good deal on it. Unfortunately, it didn't come with a spray in bed liner nor steps to get into the truck. I've ordered a Mopar drop in bed liner which I will use for the extent of the lease and then sell if I don't end up keeping the truck. However, I still need to solve for steps/running boards/tubes.

Can anyone recommend a set of fixed steps/running boards/tubes that look good on the Rebel (preferably black) but don't cost too much? My wife has trouble getting in the truck :D

While steps look nice, it seems to me like they go too far down, drastically reducing clearance. Is this the case?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the GoRhino RB 20's check out my post # 27.

revvr

Reaction score
Updating this thread.

I ended up going with the Rough Country DS2 drop steps. They're $349 plus tax, so they're cheap and perfect for a lease. If I can get $150 when I sell them in 3 years when my lease is up, I'll consider it money well spent.

The construction seems to be rock solid and setting them up was relatively easy. I do recommend prepping everything yourself, and then ask 2 people to help you lift them while you're under the truck positioning them and bolting them down. I found it most effective to place the anchors to the steps first and then take the whole thing and get under your truck. Some instructions I read called for installing the anchors first, and then bolting the steps to the anchor afterwards, which I did not do.

The only downside is that they do remove A LOT of clearance from the Rebel, so I will have to take these off when doing any serious off roading.

For those who need to track their payloads, these will add 40 lbs to payload when installed.

Users who are viewing this thread