5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis/RAM "SPOTiCAR USA" CPO warranty

IGottaQ

Reaction score
Shopping a dozen RAM dealers nearby -only one offers "SPOTiCAR" CPO warranty on 2021 Classic Warlocks I'm searching.
Stellantis' "SPOTiCAR" warranty was introduced in the USA last year -first launched in Europe in 2019 across 11 countries.

Q:
My understanding: if buying a 2021 with @30K miles, the 5yr/60K mile warranty transfers to me (approx 2yrs coverage remaining).
Standard used warranties appear to be 3mo/4K miles.
The "SPOTiCAR" dealer's warranty is 7yrs from original sale or 100K mi, whichever comes first.
Covers repair/replacement of most major powertrain components.
Related 3mo/3K mi "Max Care Warranty covers most vehicle components -deductible applies".
Based on the above, SPOTiCAR warranty adds 2yrs of major powertrain coverage and not much else -and assume lots of fine print.
SPOTiCAR CPO coverage doesn't appear to be a big deal when shopping 2021's.
Any perspective/experience regarding SPOTiCAR?
Thanks for your time.

IGottaQ

Reaction score
Darksteel, thanks for your reply-
Confirms my perception: scam.
Weird that it was announced as a "Stellantis Warranty" yet not offered by all RAM dealers near me except that one.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Darksteel, thanks for your reply-
Confirms my perception: scam.
Weird that it was announced as a "Stellantis Warranty" yet not offered by all RAM dealers near me except that one.
It's nothing to do with Stellantis. That website you linked to allows anyone to public any "new release" if you pay than that's why.
It's a thrid party warranty. You want Maxcare if anything. It's handled by Ram. Not as good as OEM but better than 3rd party for sure.

IGottaQ

Reaction score
It's nothing to do with Stellantis. That website you linked to allows anyone to public any "new release" if you pay than that's why.
It's a thrid party warranty. You want Maxcare if anything. It's handled by Ram. Not as good as OEM but better than 3rd party for sure.
Confusing stuff -maybe the intent of their wording-
The release said "Stellantis launches SPOTiCAR" and the release reads like a Stellantis warranty program.
Weird business decision to compete with Maxcare.
Regardless, thanks again for confirming that SPOTiCAR should be avoided!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The release said "Stellantis launches SPOTiCAR" and the release reads like a Stellantis warranty program.
I think that's the whole point.
Lots of people would see it at face value and never look into it, and how it has nothing to do with Stellantis

If you go on their actual website they say Stellantis all over it, but ALL links go to a completely different website domain (jeep.com)

This is either 100% a scam, or something that is only for people in Europe, or maybe a scam for peopling Europe.

Check out warranties on this website, this is Maxcare by an actual dealership (on this forum).

Users who are viewing this thread