5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Cuts 199 Full-Time Employees From Its SHAP Facility

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Stellantis Cuts 199 Full-Time Employees From Its SHAP Facility​

Cuts Catch Employees At Ram 1500 Plant Off Guard...​

Image 1.jpeg

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Last edited:

Camelot

Reaction score
Much more to come is my guess. The increase UAW forced through will make the Big 3s take out many more employees. The amount of automation project fast tracked speaks for itself.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
15% decrease in sales. Damn, looks like they shot themselves in both feet. Exactly how does laying people off "help productivity and ensure its efforts as it transitions to produce more electric vehicles"? Mass layoffs don't exactly motivate the remaining workers just waiting for the other shoe to fall. Oh wait...of course, you automate.

Camelot

Reaction score
20 Billion Euro in profit last year globally for Stellantis.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
15% decrease in sales. Damn, looks like they shot themselves in both feet. Exactly how does laying people off "help productivity and ensure its efforts as it transitions to produce more electric vehicles"? Mass layoffs don't exactly motivate the remaining workers just waiting for the other shoe to fall. Oh wait...of course, you automate.
Profit.
The less people you pay the worse your sales can be and numbers still "look" good.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Yeah, they lost any credibility with that statement. "We're laying off employees to match the 15% reduction in sales" is a lot more accurate.

Yep. I've been in the cross hairs of a pending furlough and I can tell you my attitude and productivity did not improve. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread