5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Wheel Squeak

kjk05006

Reaction score
I have a squeak in my steering wheel and it's driving me insane. It happens when the steering wheel is warm (sitting in sun, warm day, etc). The squeak comes from the right lower "arm". Pushing on this area causes the noise and the noise also will occur when turning the wheel. Any thoughts?

I have a video but not sure how to upload onto here.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 9.20.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 9.20.32 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

wvinson

Reaction score
my '19 Limited does this as well -- I think it's the plastic piece at the bottom of the steering wheel. I'm going to get it replaced if I can ever get an appointment at the dealership -- driving me crazy too!

kjk05006

Reaction score
my '19 Limited does this as well -- I think it's the plastic piece at the bottom of the steering wheel. I'm going to get it replaced if I can ever get an appointment at the dealership -- driving me crazy too!
I want to bring it in as well. It’s too intermittent and I’m worried it won’t be happening when there.

I have a good video of it so hopefully that will help my case at the dealer

kjk05006

Reaction score
Finally brought it in. An internal steering wheel component was warped. They replaced it and no more squeak.

Users who are viewing this thread