5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel rocker switch. Can these be swapped?

Neokane

Reaction score
So I primarily am a left hand driver. I would prefer to have the volume on the left side and channel on the right
I s

Neokane

Reaction score
Doesnt seem like that that big of a deal from a programming perspective. If sw1 is station change, and sw2 is volume, change inputs for each.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That was a change from my prior vehicle to my 14 Ram. You’ll get use to it. Your next vehicle will be opposite and you’ll hate it again.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find it stupid that volume is on the right side. The volume knob is inches away already. I drive left handed as well. I think most people are the same. If you've ever driven a manual transmission vehicle, that's the only way you can do it unless your in England! If there was documentation on the wiring harness, swapping wires would be fairly simple for anyone with skills.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
I find it stupid that volume is on the right side. The volume knob is inches away already. I drive left handed as well. I think most people are the same. If you've ever driven a manual transmission vehicle, that's the only way you can do it unless your in England! If there was documentation on the wiring harness, swapping wires would be fairly simple for anyone with skills.
Techauthority.com has all the wire diagrams. I would love to see how this could be done! I’m just not savvy enough in this area to go busting inside steering wheel.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Techauthority.com has all the wire diagrams. I would love to see how this could be done! I’m just not savvy enough in this area to go busting inside steering wheel.
If someone can get the diagrams, I can take a look. I'm an Automation Engineer. Machine Automaion and Automotive Tech are closely related.

Users who are viewing this thread