5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel controls-can they be changed?

U

User_34235

On the back of the steering wheel are the rocker knobs for the stations and volume. Is there any way to reprogram them? Example, on the right side is the volume and instead of the top rocker button being for up volume, its now for down volume, can that be changed to do that?
2021 1500 Bighorn
Sorry if this was asked before but I didnt see anything on it.
Thanks in advance.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
On the back of the steering wheel are the rocker knobs for the stations and volume. Is there any way to reprogram them? Example, on the right side is the volume and instead of the top rocker button being for up volume, its now for down volume, can that be changed to do that?
2021 1500 Bighorn
Thanks in advance.
why would you want to do this?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2021 1500 Bighorn
Thanks in advance.
Can’t be done with any vehicle settings natively/built into the truck. But, I bet a maestro rr can do it. The maestro is intended to be used with an aftermarket radio, and with it, you can configure the steering wheel switches however you want. I don’t see any reason why it HAS to be used with an aftermarket radio. You should be able to program the switches in the maestro on a laptop, and integrate it’s wiring right in-line with the factory radio wiring.

U

User_34235

Thanks all. I should have prefaced it a little bit. I picked up an aftermarket radio (Android) that once I installed it, the switches for at least the volume switched. For the life of me I cannot get it corrected in the radio along with a few other tweaks that are off, so I might try a good reset and see what happens then. Thanks all

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
easiest way would be to change the wiring in the steering wheel for the switches from right to left.

U

User_34235

Thanks all for the help. I did a hard reset on it and now they work the way they are supposed to, so I am happy now. Still other issues but I can work around those. I do appreciate all the ideas/suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread