5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel center

Sdhills

Reaction score
Am I the only one who feels like the steering wheel is centered slightly to the left of the driver seat? Not a problem, but now I think about it every time I get in. 2023 Laramie 1500.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is fine because my alignment is within specs and my steering wheel is centered.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine is fine because my alignment is within specs and my steering wheel is centered.
I think he means the angle the steering column comes out of the firewall, not how the wheel is clocked.

Am I the only one who feels like the steering wheel is centered slightly to the left of the driver seat? Not a problem, but now I think about it every time I get in. 2023 Laramie 1500.
I noticed the same thing, but it doesn't apparently bother me as much as you because I forgot about even noticing that until you posted this thread. All three of the 5th gens we've owned were the same way. I didn't actually measure anything, it just felt like they weren't perfectly square with the dash.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I think he means the angle the steering column comes out of the firewall, not how the wheel is clocked.

I noticed the same thing, but it doesn't apparently bother me as much as you because I forgot about even noticing that until you posted this thread.
Ah, never noticed before and still don't.

Sdhills

Reaction score
It's not the angle. The center of the wheel feels like it's a little to the left of the center of my chest. Doesn't bother my driving experience, just seems odd it's not centered to my chest. Not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing.

vincentw56

Reaction score
It's not the angle. The center of the wheel feels like it's a little to the left of the center of my chest. Doesn't bother my driving experience, just seems odd it's not centered to my chest. Not a big deal, just wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing.
Maybe it's chest or the way for sit? IDK. If I think about it, I'll look next time I'm in my truck. Had it for over 3 years and never noticed it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it's so it's more comfortable to rest your arm in window sill for door and drive with left hand. Center it slightly left so it's close to window. 😆

Sdhills

Reaction score
Okay, I give. Wife says I'm losing it. After all, she knows about everything. Disregard post #1

Users who are viewing this thread