5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering issue

awesamm

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2019 Ram rebel and noticed that my steering wheel wants to go right but when I bring the steering all the way to the left when stopped, it would start going straight again. Talked to the dealership and said alignment isn't covered under wareanty cause its wear and tear. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

billy_chode

Reaction score
do you have the lane departure on your truck? I have the same issue, and find that the truck always wants to make the tiniest correction. I live in potholeland, so I like to drive a little closer to the double yellow lines. The truck always seems like it was to ride the opposite site. When I turn it off, it seems much better. Not sure where you live, but driving on the right side of the road, i feel like it always seems to “drift”.

The ”drift” without the lane departure on always irks me. My last 4 vehicles (F150, M3, X5, M340) all bothered me with this drift. I think you notice is more in the truck (at least I do) since the steering is not as tight as my BMWs (obviously). Unless you drilled something and then felt like it drifted, I would not worry. You are probably noticing it all the time, so your mind is playing tricks to try and convince yourself you aren‘t going crazy! Check your tires and see if they have any uneven wear. If it was out of whack and you are truly fighting the wheel, you might see some treadwear depending on how long it’s been an issue.

awesamm

Reaction score
Thank you!
I do not have the lane departure on my truck. It only happened twice this month since I got the truck last 2020. But its going straight now so...not sure. But I'll check my treads and tire pressure.

billy_chode

Reaction score
You should be happy without it haha. Well, just on the backroads/single lane around 35mph and under. the corrections are annoying. I will say it takes a little getting acquainted with steering on this truck. good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread