5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering feels tight turning left, soft turning right

jman307

Reaction score
Howdy! 2019 Laramie 4x4 Sport CCSB OEM wheels/tires 3.21 rear. Just picked up the truck, May 6 ‘19 build, 3 weeks ago new and have 1700 miles on it now. Everything works like a champ except that the steering feels off. On straight aways it has a slight right drift. When I input left it feels tight and recenters confidently when I release pressure. When I input right it feels soft and a bit sluggish to return to center or I have to help it somewhat. It is not a good feeling. Thoughts on the culprit or just take it to the dealership?

Reaction score
Did you get any ideas or fixes from the dealership? I have a constant drift to the right as well, even after they checked the alignment three times. Have never owned a vehicle that drifted immediately upon letting go of the steering wheel, unless that vehicle had an alignment issue.

jman307

Reaction score
Did you get any ideas or fixes from the dealership? I have a constant drift to the right as well, even after they checked the alignment three times. Have never owned a vehicle that drifted immediately upon letting go of the steering wheel, unless that vehicle had an alignment issue.
Believe it or not, my tire pressures were about 8 psi high per tire. Brought them down to 36 psi ea and drives hella better now!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Believe it or not, my tire pressures were about 8 psi high per tire. Brought them down to 36 psi ea and drives hella better now!
Yeah, don't know why the dealerships inflate the stock 20's to 44psi when it says 36psi right on the door jamb. I've brough the truck in several times now and each time, they jack up the psi and I have to bring the pressure back down. And let me tell y ou, there is a HUGE difference in road feel between 44 and 36.

Reaction score

Glad you got it resolved. Unfortunately, mine is not as simple as the PSI is equal all the way around. That’s one of the first things I checked and had to drop it from 44 to 36. Truck is back in the dealership for a third time now for the rightward pull. Probably the fifth time I’ve had it in and have owned the truck for less than a month.

Users who are viewing this thread