5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Directed Headlights on the Limited

Capt Joe

Reaction score
Can anybody definitively confirm that the Steering Directed Headlights actually turn in the headlight bezel. I can't notice a thing on mine and they sure look stationary while in a turn. I do know that the fog lights will pop on in a turn if you don't already have them on, but the headlights LED bulbs bezels are supposed to move with the wheel.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes mine do turn. It's not super noticeable but they work as designed.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody definitively confirm that the Steering Directed Headlights actually turn in the headlight bezel. I can't notice a thing on mine and they sure look stationary while in a turn. I do know that the fog lights will pop on in a turn if you don't already have them on, but the headlights LED bulbs bezels are supposed to move with the wheel.

Yes, they do. Try remote starting while you are looking at them. You'll see them flick side to side.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Make sure this feature is enable in your ‘lighting’ settings on your uconnect

bobzilla

Reaction score
Make sure this feature is enable in your ‘lighting’ settings on your uconnect

Yup. Feature is currently on. I turned it off to see if I could notice the difference and turned it back on. Nothing moves. My wife had a grand Cherokee and you can see them do all the time and I don’t see anything on this truck.

maddog49

Reaction score
If you park next to a wall or garage door in the dark and turn the vehicle on they will move side to side as a test. If you don't see that something is wrong. At night above 30mph with the wheel turned quite a bit too should definitely notice it. It adjust the light a good 30-50 feet in the direction you are turning.

macinusaf

Reaction score
I have been looking for this same answer since purchasing my 2019 Limited. Still don't notice a difference no matter the speed. Besides the remote start, is there any way to actually test that they work?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If i'm pay attention at the headlight cut off light on the ground at dark road, i can see the cut off line moving while turning.

Bassinb

Reaction score
This was very obvious to me when I first got the truck. Honestly thought I was sliding the first time I saw them move. Now I am used to it, but it is obvious if you are turning with lights shining into the trees or against a building.

Gitter

Reaction score
It's subtle, but it's still noticable. It works below 30mph because I see it when going through my neighborhood (especially in our roundabout). It's not nearly as obvious as my wife's Mazda tho.

Users who are viewing this thread