5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static through all speakers, NAV, Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth Phone connect

vanburkleor

Reaction score
I just purchased my first RAM yesterday, 2020 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn with the 17-speaker HK sound system and 12" UConnect. Everything worked fine last night. This morning when I got in my truck, connected my iPhone to play music it sounded great....until, I hit the "nav" option to map out my destination. Immediately, the sound went to MAX without me touching the volume. Now everything is static sounding, the paired phone, radio (FM,AM, and Sirius), Navigation, etc.

I've seen a few older threads on this; but, can't find a "fix" other than "take it to the dealer." Anyone else have a recent experience and a fix?

nb808

Reaction score
Had it happen on a drive from FL to MD. Only way it went away was a full shutdown of the truck and disconnect the battery to reset the audio system fully. Just turning off the truck and on the system still has power for a bit. It fixed it, wish I did that in hour 1 of the drive vs hour 12....

gtxdana

Reaction score
And the hits keep coming with the 12" Uconnect. Of the three people I know with 2020 Rams and the Uconnect 12 inch systems, two of us are having problems. I guess I should be thankful mine still works on FM.

Rslevasseur

Reaction score
I just purchased my first RAM yesterday, 2020 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn with the 17-speaker HK sound system and 12" UConnect. Everything worked fine last night. This morning when I got in my truck, connected my iPhone to play music it sounded great....until, I hit the "nav" option to map out my destination. Immediately, the sound went to MAX without me touching the volume. Now everything is static sounding, the paired phone, radio (FM,AM, and Sirius), Navigation, etc.

I've seen a few older threads on this; but, can't find a "fix" other than "take it to the dealer." Anyone else have a recent experience and a fix?
Did you get this fixed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/