5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Static from front passenger door speaker - covered under warranty?

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I think I have a blown speaker on the front passenger door but it seems intermittent. I originally got static from it about 10% of the time. I read here that it may be the ANC being out of phase so I didn't worry about it. Now it happens about 90% of the time and it’s really annoying. It is staticy for the radio, parking sensors and hands free. I don’t listen to loud music or anything with a lot of bass, so I don’t see how anything I did could have blown the speaker.

I bought the truck new and I’m at 32K miles.

I have an appointment to drop the truck off Friday for the dealer to troubleshoot. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, is a blown speaker covered under warranty? Naturally, the dealership said they could say until they have it diagnosed.

Finally, if I do have to pay to replace the speaker, should I just put aftermarket speakers all around versus paying for what I am sure will be an overpriced OEM speaker?

Trying to decide if I should cancel my appointment for Friday and just replace the speakers with aftermarket or have them troubleshoot it to see if it’s the speaker or the ANC.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Dealer confirmed blown speaker and not an ANC issue. Covered under warranty. They had to order the speaker and I’ll take the truck back next Saturday for install. Nice to know the warranty covers blown speakers.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread