5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting your Ram after the World falls apart?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Overall I think deciding which hat to wear on your third head might be a bigger problem

Crazy Dane

Reaction score
It you are really worried about transportation after a TEOTWAKI event, get a bicycle and trailer. Everyone thinks that they will be able to move around in their pre-electronic jeeps and trucks, in reality the roads are going to be clogged with modern vehicles. Roads, bridges and other means of transportation will be targeted by whoever dropped the big one. Even if you do manage to find enough fuel to run your buggy, the noise will draw the roving bands of thieves and no-gooders that will definitely want what you have. When getting bombed back to the stone age, one has to think and act like they are in the stone age.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It you are really worried about transportation after a TEOTWAKI event, get a bicycle and trailer. Everyone thinks that they will be able to move around in their pre-electronic jeeps and trucks, in reality the roads are going to be clogged with modern vehicles. Roads, bridges and other means of transportation will be targeted by whoever dropped the big one. Even if you do manage to find enough fuel to run your buggy, the noise will draw the roving bands of thieves and no-gooders that will definitely want what you have. When getting bombed back to the stone age, one has to think and act like they are in the stone age.
Don’t forget the zombies

80954110-1304-4068-8247-5331273123B4.jpeg

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you really want to go down the EMP rabbit hole...

I stop reading after this
"Only one of the vehicles tested (a pickup) could not be restarted after some minor work, and it had to be towed to the shop for repairs."

fartsonunicorns

Reaction score
I stop reading after this
"Only one of the vehicles tested (a pickup) could not be restarted after some minor work, and it had to be towed to the shop for repairs."

“Although this was the most comprehensive set of tests on vehicles that has been done, those tests were very poorly done because the Commission was financially responsible for the vehicles, but did not have the funding to pay for any of the vehicles they tested.”

You know a study is pretty useless when the study itself says it’s useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
Interesting (and some hilarious) responses. I didn't think I was suggesting an all out "doomsday" but rather a deliberate high altitude (+200 miles) EMP attack on electrical infrastructure versus what folks are referring to as traditional ground explosions that take everything out. Admittedly, I confused things by referencing a possible ground attack due to where I live, but my real question really was about EMP protection for vehicles.

And I have to add that if things really do get that bad as some have suggested, I really have no interest in donning a gas mask, crawling into a hole, and emerging for a Mad Max life. But if I can simply drive away to a safer place after an EMP, why not?

CrazyWorld

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hahahah “I am not a fatalist or extreme prepper by any means”. “Can we talk about nuclear EMP protection for our Rams”

Bro, if you are close enough to experience an EMP from a nuclear wearpon then I suggest you walk out to your wife hold her in your arms and enjoy throwing the ball for your dogs. Finish on a simple, yet happy memory.

Got to agree but I would be drinking a good beer and smoking a great cigar while holding my wife's hand and tossing that ball to the dog!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting (and some hilarious) responses. I didn't think I was suggesting an all out "doomsday" but rather a deliberate high altitude (+200 miles) EMP attack on electrical infrastructure versus what folks are referring to as traditional ground explosions that take everything out. Admittedly, I confused things by referencing a possible ground attack due to where I live, but my real question really was about EMP protection for vehicles.

And I have to add that if things really do get that bad as some have suggested, I really have no interest in donning a gas mask, crawling into a hole, and emerging for a Mad Max life. But if I can simply drive away to a safer place after an EMP, why not?
As I pointed out, and surprisingly got zero responses on. Simply removing power(unhooking battery) from your electronics will prevent them from being "fried" by an EMP.

Desert Dawg

Reaction score
As I pointed out, and surprisingly got zero responses on. Simply removing power(unhooking battery) from your electronics will prevent them from being "fried" by an EMP.
I agree assuming you're at home and able to do so. I was sort of thinking about when something happens that you didn't know about and/or away from home or on the road. But you're right that would protect the electronics!

ShortStack

Reaction score
Well if you have keeping up with things - TSB-22-EMP-2022 should solve the issue for the EMP strike so you can still drive BUT getting gas is a different story. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You know a deliberate high altitude EMP would pretty much be doomsday as it triggers a nuclear war. What other conclusion would you draw?

Crazy Dane

Reaction score

To think that there would be only an EMP attack is wishful thinking at best. It would be followed by ground attack by conventional weapons and nukes and then comes the invasion. Bugging out brings its own challenges such as clogged roads, finding gas/fuel, bridges and tunnels blown up. If you can get there, Idaho is going to get full because that is where all of the doom and gloom guys say they are going. Good luck.

Oh, mmm brains... the zombies are coming but they wont be infectious They will be hungry though..

Users who are viewing this thread