5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting Issue

Boggan

Reaction score
Had truck towed to dealer. Service manager asked about rear window leak. I said yes and was replaced and still leaked so replaced 3rd brake light seal with thicker one and did silicone few places. They said RF module possibly damaged from water. Waited on module and them to repair. 1 month later they call..truck ready. I pick up, started and I was happy. I drove it home and went to start this morning and NO start! I'm pissed! Maybe starter I don't know. Will have to have towed but will be next Friday then however long it takes for dealership to repair.

Boggan

Reaction score
I'm really pissed! Getting scammed by L&M motors in Athens Tn. Now having truck towed for 3rd time. First time they say rf module made because rear window leak months earlier. New module..new fob with my other two "reprogrammed". Got it home, then no start. Towed back to stealership. "All fobs lost programing comms" .they "programmed" haha
They said drove down road and back.. started two more times. Called me said truck ready and they started two more times. Ok, take truck home, went to start two hours and no start! I'm really pissed now! Do the dealerships know issue of the starter problem and have to go through other bs? I'm reading all through this site that it's the damn starter because of my low battery that created this mess. Is this local stealership scamming warranty and keeping me out of my truck! For fu#$s sake I'm over this run around and think I'm getting scammed!!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm really pissed! Getting scammed by L&M motors in Athens Tn. Now having truck towed for 3rd time. First time they say rf module made because rear window leak months earlier. New module..new fob with my other two "reprogrammed". Got it home, then no start. Towed back to stealership. "All fobs lost programing comms" .they "programmed" haha
They said drove down road and back.. started two more times. Called me said truck ready and they started two more times. Ok, take truck home, went to start two hours and no start! I'm really pissed now! Do the dealerships know issue of the starter problem and have to go through other bs? I'm reading all through this site that it's the damn starter because of my low battery that created this mess. Is this local stealership scamming warranty and keeping me out of my truck! For fu#$s sake I'm over this run around and think I'm getting scammed!!
some people have reported parking their truck near some things that cause the fob to not see the truck
tell us where you park

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Any chance you are using led bulbs in the CHMSL? That can cause intermittent issues with the fob as well.

Boggan

Reaction score
some people have reported parking their truck near some things that cause the fob to not see the truck
tell us where you park
I park in my driveway near two other vehicles and my bike in my building. All have key fobs. There is a cell tower 200 yards or so but I've been at this location for a long time before my troubles started.

Will50

Reaction score
I experienced the same problem. See my post 2022 Big horn hemi starting problem.
Dealer found a loose connection on the starter. Bakelite part of connector came loose. Changed starter, now I wait.
Did your dealer solve your problem?

jlferrell76

Reaction score
Just bought 2023 Ram Rebel with 14 miles on it yesterday. Drive 125 miles home... everything was great. Went to start it today, crickets. No clicking, no grinding. Digital dash flashes various lights. Starter button flashes between Aux and Run. Entertainment display shows screen that says SOS unavailable. Windshield wipers come on even though switch is set to off. Won't remote start.

Tried jumping, tried removing battery cables to allow reset. Everything comes on, but looks like a light show with everything blinking and flashing. If it's the starter, how can it be bad with only 125 miles?

Incredibly frustrating. I've read a ton of forums and threads today... sounds like this is a more common issue, but no real known solution.

Anyone heard of a root cause or solution for this?

Boggan

Reaction score
After three tow trips to dealer, they said pcm/ecm was cause of my starting issue and was replaced. No starting problems for two weeks now.

2020RAM2222

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the exact same thing as of yesterday. Although my battery was needing replaced. So, new battery installed and still have stiff break pedal and won't start. Hopefully get an answer to resolve this issue.
So what was the issue, same thing happening to me!! What's the fix?

Users who are viewing this thread