5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting a Side Detailing Gig

cervelo15

Reaction score
obsessed garage has a good podcast but its not really only about detailing. i think the rag company and Chicago auto pros do as well
Awesome! Now I got something to listen to when I walk the dog. There‘s actually quite a few that come up when you search ‘rag company’ on apple podcasts (there are more not seen on this screenshot):

3C1B1566-9208-4F82-BDA9-8BA53EB826F2.jpeg

cervelo15

Reaction score
259c105dc6ffecc95893ad748c7f1935.jpg

Detailing is, by far, my favorite hobby. I didn’t turn it into a side job but could very easily. When I think of jumping into that I stop and realize I wouldn’t have a hobby anymore if I turned it into a job.
That’s a true point. The whole reason I think sometimes we have hobbies is to get away from the grind of a daily job or career. That’s why if I did get into this, it would be on a word of mouth, local level.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Awesome! Now I got something to listen to when I walk the dog. There‘s actually quite a few that come up when you search ‘rag company’ on apple podcasts (there are more not seen on this screenshot):

View attachment 113822
top left is the one im talking about. bottom left is the obssessed garage one. not sure about the rest

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
I am big on Brian at APEX Detailing. Follow him on youtube.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I am big on Brian at APEX Detailing. Follow him on youtube.

So I just stumbled upon his channel while watching some Pan the Organizer videos. I recognized the inspection stickers on the windows of the cars he was detailing, so I looked his shop up and he’s only 45 mins southwest of me.

Really good content, especially his reviews, compounding and wet sanding videos. Really gives me confidence to put Into practice what he showcases. Even inspired me to find a painted car panel from a local junkyard to practice on.

He really seems to want to impart knowledge to help the weekend DIYer.

Users who are viewing this thread