5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/stop squeal

frriveramd

Reaction score
I've had my 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi now for around 6 months. Has close to 11,000 miles. In the past week I have had two instances in which there has been a squeal coming from bottom of vehicle as start/stop feature starts the engine after having been sitting on traffic (stopped). My Ram does have etorque system. No check engine, battery, or any other lights have come on.

Has anyone had such a thing happen?

frriveramd

Reaction score
The issue happened again today. Was on an incline when it happened. As I was removing my foot from break, auto start system tried to start engine but it did not. I pressed on the break pedal and, once again, the auto start tried to turn engine with no luck. As I was putting the transmission in park, it tried a third time, turning on the engine. Every time it did that, a high pitch sound could be heard when the auto start was trying to turn on engine.

Any input will be appreciated.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
With the truck turned off have you checked the drive belt on the torque?
Is it lose ,burnt or has a visible defect

Gtbrown

Reaction score
The issue happened again today. Was on an incline when it happened. As I was removing my foot from break, auto start system tried to start engine but it did not. I pressed on the break pedal and, once again, the auto start tried to turn engine with no luck. As I was putting the transmission in park, it tried a third time, turning on the engine. Every time it did that, a high pitch sound could be heard when the auto start was trying to turn on engine.

Any input will be appreciated.
I would turn off auto stop/start and get your truck right to your dealer's service dept. I wouldn't drive it with that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread