5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop Issues

corn

Reaction score
Has anybody had this pop up before? I have the e-torque 5.7. Seems to me it would be ready a 100% percent of the time with the e-torque but for some reason the A/C affects it coming on and off. The crazy thing is it will come on when I turn the A/C on and when I turn it off I get the message in the attached picture.

Attachments

• 20210618_091838 (1).jpg
    20210618_091838 (1).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 27

Justin21771

Reaction score
Weird, I can definitely understand the start/stop being disabled when there is too much draw needed to cool or heat. It also won't activate if there isn't enough stored charge, this happens to me as I don't drive mine daily and the same thing happens in my wife's Pacifica. I would take it in if you're having the issue you're describing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you are seeing that message when you turn off the A/C but the system is designed to be disabled when the truck is working to lower or raise the cabin temp to your preset temperature so the engine doesn't shut-off during cooling or heating as this is one of the primary complaints people have with start/stop systems. Once the cabin temp reaches your setting the start/stop system will resume normal function.

Users who are viewing this thread