5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop Inconsistency

Rawyzf

Reaction score
It should light up, however, there is a known issue with the 2021’s that engineering is supposedly working on. A TSB was supposed to have been released at the beginning of January, yet we are still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, thank you for that! I'll contact the dealership to keep me in the loop for the TSB.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Before starting a new thread, I'll try to see if you guys have an answer. When you depress the A button (wanna call it the auto start/stop button), to turn off the feature. Does the button light up, like the 2wd/4wd buttons? I see a little slot that I would think would light up when pressing the button, but it doesn't light up. If I press it, it turns the engine back on as I wanted....so I know the button works, but just don't know if it should light up too.

My button doesn't light up, either, but there's a screen on the dash for start/stop that will tell you if it's ready or disabled.

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I don't see this pop up when I press the "A" button. However, if I do scroll to it in the menu, then press the button, I see it change from Ready to Off, etc.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I don't see this pop up when I press the "A" button. However, if I do scroll to it in the menu, then press the button, I see it change from Ready to Off, etc.
Mine doesn't pop up that screen, either. I just happened across it the other day and noticed it changed if I pressed the A button.
*I've only had the truck two weeks, so I'm learning something new everyday still.

Rawyzf

Reaction score
Mine doesn't pop up that screen, either. I just happened across it the other day and noticed it changed if I pressed the A button.
*I've only had the truck two weeks, so I'm learning something new everyday still.
You and me both, today is 1 week.

eTorqueCoasting

Reaction score
I've learned another condition that disables the Stop/Start. Tow/Haul mode. My truck wont do it when I press switch for it. It seems rather odd, as that definitely seems like a time when you would want to save all you can, on idling

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've learned another condition that disables the Stop/Start. Tow/Haul mode. My truck wont do it when I press switch for it. It seems rather odd, as that definitely seems like a time when you would want to save all you can, on idling

Found out in the drive thru that not wearing your seatbelt disables it too.

Reaction score
I noticed the start/stop is not consistently kicking in when stopped at intersections. It seems there may be some connection to whether A/C is on or needed? Does anyone have more details on what parameters make the start/stop happen? Truck has 100 miles on it and just learning about all its capabilities. Was at dealer service counter and asked and they said I would have to make an appointment. Figured I would start here first.
I noticed this issue with my 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie with etorque. I started messing with AC temp to see if that was the issue. Once I increases the temp from low to 72 (the cabin temp read at 70) I noticed the auto stop start started to work properly. For those of you that hate the auto stop start and live in the good ole Texas heat keep your ac at low and won’t have to worry about the engine shutting off lol

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed this issue with my 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie with etorque. I started messing with AC temp to see if that was the issue. Once I increases the temp from low to 72 (the cabin temp read at 70) I noticed the auto stop start started to work properly. For those of you that hate the auto stop start and live in the good ole Texas heat keep your ac at low and won’t have to worry about the engine shutting off lol
I run mine at 70-71 at almost all times here in Fort Worth. Stop/start kicks in regularly in the mornings and evenings. In the heat of a summer day, it doesn't shut off very often unless I've been running on the highway for a bit (which probably helps a lot with cooling). Once we drop out of the high-90s/low-100s, it'll shut off a lot more frequently.

Reaction score
While coming to a stop my engine shuts off between 1-2 mph. Seems very weird. Any thoughts?

Bavet

Reaction score
While coming to a stop my engine shuts off between 1-2 mph. Seems very weird. Any thoughts?
Seems to be the consensus on here that this is a new intentional engineered tweek for the 2022 models to improve their city CAFE number. I hate it. Had I known they did this I would not have gotten eTorque on my new truck. Had a 2019 and loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread