5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop disable

VGR

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked previously, I have searched extensively, I’m a fairly well versed AlfaOBD user and am now new to a 2022 Ram 1500, I would love to disable the Stop/Start system, I have successfully done it in my 2015 Cherokee…… but for some reason I don’t see the ability in AlfaOBD, am I missing something? Or do I need to get a TazerDT? I should mention that I have a zautomotive SGW bypass.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say get the TazerDT to take advantage of the other features it offers. Even the start/stop eliminator device listed below just does the same thing as what the Tazer does for the start/stop system, but doesn't do any of the other features

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Don't believe you can use AlphaOBD for this config - have to use the other suggested solutions (TazerDT probably being most popular).

VGR

Reaction score
Ok thanks everybody, I’m hating the start/stop enough to justify the Tazer.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Why don't you use the switch on the lower part of the dash? You have to reset it every time you start up but to me, that's not too big of a deal.

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
I installed the start/stop eliminator the 2nd day after I bought my truck and it was fairly easy to install and use!

Hawkshot99

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's so bad about the start stop on the rams.

My mom has it on her Honda passport. It's slow and not smooth co.pared to the Ram and I don't like it. My buddy installed something so his F150 stays running saying how bad it was, but was in shock when he got in my ram because it was so smooth and not noticeable.

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's so bad about the start stop on the rams.

My mom has it on her Honda passport. It's slow and not smooth co.pared to the Ram and I don't like it. My buddy installed something so his F150 stays running saying how bad it was, but was in shock when he got in my ram because it was so smooth and not noticeable.
I guess I’m just old school and don’t believe that it is good to have so many things that could go wrong unnecessarily. I also believe that the mds system is a major problem with the lifters, cam shaft and top end of the valve train!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I’m just old school and don’t believe that it is good to have so many things that could go wrong unnecessarily. I also believe that the mds system is a major problem with the lifters, cam shaft and top end of the valve train!
You don't want so many things that could go wrong, so add on more things that could go wrong to prevent other things from properly working?

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
You don't want so many things that could go wrong, so add on more things that could go wrong to prevent other things from properly working?
I only added the start/stop eliminator to my truck and I just drive in the tow/haul mode to keep the mds system from actuating! If I decide to use the start/stop all I have to do is turn it on and it remains in the last position used!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread