5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop deactivate permanently

Hannibal19xx

Reaction score
Hi,

is there any chance to deactivate the Start/Stop permanently?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Press the button every time...buy one the tuning devices (I think the Tazer does it or whatever that thing is called).... wire the switch to think it’s always on.

Email or call these people and tell them you want it

Last edited:

Twoamen

Reaction score
I heard a test plug for trailer will stop it but a icon will say you have a 20 trailer. Look on the internet, somebody will hack it. I remember somewhere I seen a mode to a module under hood to disable. Back when I ordered mine I fretted it would have eTorque, thankfully my Ram came straight through with 5.7. No cutoff.

Michael_D

Reaction score
The Tazer DT does this, along with many other features and tweaks. That's one of the reasons I coughed up the cash for one.

James1414d

Reaction score
I don't have start/stop, but does having the A/C on not keep it out of start/stop?

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wait for a tunebox or something like this

the ZAutomotive Tazer DT is the tool you'll need - it will remember the last setting and reapply at each start (ie AutoStop, Tow Mode etc). You could in the meantime:
tap the gear limiter into '8', which disables AutoStop
leave on tow/haul mode
press autostop each time...

Also - I want to hear more about your LPG Setup! how's your economy working out? (Miles per Dollar/Euro)? I've always wanted to do an LPG conversion to be used for longer drives

Hannibal19xx

Reaction score
the ZAutomotive Tazer DT is the tool you'll need - it will remember the last setting and reapply at each start (ie AutoStop, Tow Mode etc). You could in the meantime:
tap the gear limiter into '8', which disables AutoStop
leave on tow/haul mode
press autostop each time...

Also - I want to hear more about your LPG Setup! how's your economy working out? (Miles per Dollar/Euro)? I've always wanted to do an LPG conversion to be used for longer drives

I like my LPG Setup. It‘s a „prins“ with around 285l usable lpg. I get around 1250km with it, it‘s around 20-23l/100km.
My ram is lifted 4“ and has 35“ offroad mud Tires.

The Tool you posted isnt made for the 2019 ram 1500, as i read on their website.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like my LPG Setup. It‘s a „prins“ with around 285l usable lpg. I get around 1250km with it, it‘s around 20-23l/100km.
My ram is lifted 4“ and has 35“ offroad mud Tires.

The Tool you posted isnt made for the 2019 ram 1500, as i read on their website.

Thanks for the info; I'll look it up (if you can post a link to their site perhaps that would aim me at the kit you used)

as for the Tazer DT, I have it on my 2019 1500 Rebel, many here have it on the '19s (be sure to look at the DT version of the Tazer, the site is linked in the above post)

Thanks!

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it has airsuspension, it‘s a Limited.

I wonder if your bodylift might work on the Rebel line stateside; currently there's only a 6" suspension lift kit for air equipped rebel that I know of.

Also coincidentally I left my AutoStop deactivated yesterday after being in stop and go traffic; the Tazer remembered the setting and despite me wanting to activate it again, it kept turning it off. works as you'd want for your application

Hannibal19xx

Reaction score
Why shouldnt it work on the Rebel?
I‘m pretty sure it would.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Supposedly the Air Suspension setup on a Rebel is different, most brands currently exclude air ride equipped Rebels from their lift compatibility other than the 6" lift if I recall correctly

Users who are viewing this thread