5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop bypass

JaxMike01

Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered already.
Is there any way to bypass the default to on position of the Auto start/stop feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes, it's been asked. The Tazer can do it. I think there is another device. But, you can't do it without an external device.

jv56

Reaction score
If you disable the seat belt chime which I did because I don’t wear it. It also disabled the auto start stop.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was pointed this direction.

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
I installed the start/stop eliminator on my truck! It keeps the system in the last position used. You can turn the start/stop on or off at will.

Silas Pelton

Reaction score
looks like a good opt
Easy, get the non e-Torque Hemi...no start/stop nonsense :)
I almost passed on the purchase of my truck because of it having the e-torque but I wanted the Tank colored Built to Serve edition! While I was at the dealership I researched the start/stop function and found out about the auto/stop eliminator and decided to go ahead with the truck! I purchased the auto/stop eliminator online while I was still at the dealership. 2 days later I installed it and now I’m good with the truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sorry if this question has been answered already.
Is there any way to bypass the default to on position of the Auto start/stop feature?
Auto start-stop eliminator. You install it near your ODB2 port, takes 30 seconds.
If you disable the seat belt chime which I did because I don’t wear it. It also disabled the auto start stop.
This is incorrect.
Start-stop will not work with your seatbelt not on, that's why you think it disabled it.
Removing your seatbelt even with the chime on start-stop will still not trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread