5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start/Stop Button Replacement

greatrush2112

Reaction score
First of all, absolutely loving my truck. I'm a first time truck owner, and I don't think I'll ever drive a sedan or regular car by choice again. The interior of the limited is insane and FCA's attention to detail is fantastic EXCEPT for the all-important button that I hit/push/press every stinking time I drive my truck: the start/stop button!! Is it just me, or does that button feel like a cheap piece of low grade plastic that was haphazardly placed in the dash? I don't think any $65k vehicle should have to endure a cheap piece of plastic like that. I would love to replace it. Anyone know if that's possible, or has anyone done it?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is just as nice as the one on our Audi. It's not been a big deal for me. Do you have another brand to which you are comparing the Ram start button to?

greatrush2112

Reaction score
Mine is just as nice as the one on our Audi. It's not been a big deal for me. Do you have another brand to which you are comparing the Ram start button to?

I’m comparing it to my wife’s Honda Odyssey and the 2019 Sierra. They just feel more solid and higher quality. Everything else about the Limited’s interior is insanely nice, so I was just surprised that more thought didn’t go into making that button match the quality of the rest of the interior. First world problems.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess my index finger isn't very sensitive, actually it isn't. I have some nerve damage in my right arm/hand and I don't have a lot of feeling in in my finger. But the button is fine as-is. Really not much different than my Corvette.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does that button feel like a cheap piece of low grade plastic that was haphazardly placed in the dash?
It's just you...lol :)

Like @356 pointed out, it's as nice as my wife's Audi, even though hers is metal. I actually think the contrast of the button and its bezel looks great against the barn wood in our Longhorn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online