5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Kemcar

Reaction score
Side question, and if there is a known thread on here that is closer in line with this please point me that direction.

It's my first time buying a new vehicle and its been 8+ years since I last traded in a car. Trying to get the most for my current car, to put toward my new truck. I have heard that CarMax is a good place to sell your car, I have an appointment to get it appraised in a few days at a CarMax. Heard they paid good money for cars. Or I can go the convenient way and trade in at the dealer, where I am getting my truck. Thoughts?

cliffsta

Reaction score
FWIW in Louisiana we get a credit towards the tax on the new vehicle based on the trade in of our old vehicle, so for me it was worth it to trade at the Ram dealership even if anyone else “beat” the trade in elsewhere. Not sure if that’s just a Louisiana thing though…

Kemcar

Reaction score
FWIW in Louisiana we get a credit towards the tax on the new vehicle based on the trade in of our old vehicle, so for me it was worth it to trade at the Ram dealership even if anyone else “beat” the trade in elsewhere. Not sure if that’s just a Louisiana thing though…
But you would lose that credit if you sold the car elsewhere and took cash for it? How much did you save by doing so?

cliffsta

Reaction score
Yes you lose that credit if you sell it for cash on your own.

I got 35k trading in my Silverado so that’s almost 3500 in sales tax credit.

cleigh

Reaction score
Side question, and if there is a known thread on here that is closer in line with this please point me that direction.

It's my first time buying a new vehicle and its been 8+ years since I last traded in a car. Trying to get the most for my current car, to put toward my new truck. I have heard that CarMax is a good place to sell your car, I have an appointment to get it appraised in a few days at a CarMax. Heard they paid good money for cars. Or I can go the convenient way and trade in at the dealer, where I am getting my truck. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: I'm in Delaware, buying at Mark Dodge - so trade in isn't possible. 2008 Rav 4 with 129k miles on it that I'm selling for my truck.

I found a local Chevy dealer who buys used cars without needing to trade in, and got a quote from them (~2k below KBB for direct sale, but right in line with trade-in value). I haven't found any other dealer that will buy without it being a trade. I also went to Carmax, who came in $1500 under the dealer. I told Carmax they were low, and they said they have a glut of cars now from their aggressive buying during the pandemic high market they had - now with interest rates up they're stuck with a bunch of cars they paid too much for. So while it's definitely worth getting a quote there, don't expect them to be good.

Funny enough, I tried webuyanycar on a whim last night and their prelim offer is the highest yet. I'm going to go to their office and get a real quote.

Roy E. Munson

Reaction score

You can also get instant quotes from dealerships on Kelley Blue Book too. These tend to be close to trade in value, but you can check both ways and try to get the most for your vehicle.

uptown1999

Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of morning post guys, was a long day!

1153 Build Sheets found today. None of them were forum members.

Found 831 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @uptown1999

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
424894 @uptown1999XX
9​
WisconsinWhiteLaramie
Yay! I was getting a little worried as it had been nearly 10 days since the Build Sheet was posted. Glad to hear that it's finally on the way! :)

spithead051

Reaction score

Also throw your car's info into vroom and carvana to see what they offer. I sold my last car through CarMax but Carvana helped give me an idea of what to expect.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you lose that credit if you sell it for cash on your own.

I got 35k trading in my Silverado so that’s almost 3500 in sales tax credit.

Arkansas has a similar tax offset but you just have to sell/buy both within 60 days of each other. As long as you have a bill of sale for both you get the credit. The only time I have used that in the past I met the buying party at their bank to verify funds and also had the bank notarize the bill of sale for good measure. We only have 30 days to register a new vehicle so I had already paid the full tax at that point but was able to get a refund for the difference since I sold my old truck within the 60 day window.

Kemcar

Reaction score
Thank you guys! For the advice, super helpful. I’ve done quotes on 4 sites now. And Keeping my appt. With CarMax tomorrow. Then will see what the dealer offers but likely will go with the dealer, to get that tax credit, Texas does it that way as well. All the online offers have been low so far.

houstonrammer

Reaction score
Found 727 Window Stickers tonight. 1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @houstonrammer

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
414842 @houstonrammerXX
2​
LouisianaBlackLimited
OMG SO EXCITED! I'm sure this has been answered many times by now but typically how long can I expect delivery in? The dealer sent me an email saying 11/19...is that usually pretty accurate?

KurtLaf

Reaction score
OMG SO EXCITED! I'm sure this has been answered many times by now but typically how long can I expect delivery in? The dealer sent me an email saying 11/19...is that usually pretty accurate?
See my signature. Take into account a Hurricane Ian delay for shipping and the shipping to Orlando. That should give a ballpark.

Matrixband

Reaction score
Are orders still frustratingly delayed, chip and parts shortages? I have not looked here on the forum for several months now as I received my 2022 1500 Limited edition (finally) back in April. Is pricing still ridiculous; meaning sticker or higher?
I suppose 2023s now?

Last edited:

Kemcar

Reaction score
It only took 11 days for me from shipped to arrival at my dealer. I’m in the north Dallas area.
Yours was so fast, I am the town over from you and still waiting on mine. Its still in the local rail yard waiting for a transport.

Users who are viewing this thread