5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Ctmaz68

Reaction score
My Laramie has been in D since I ordered 5/3 and I ordered air suspension.

bigmac5166

Reaction score
Just speculating, but I think the trend here is the more options your truck has that are standard on upper trims, the longer the delay. For example, air suspension comes standard on Limited's so they are more likely to allocate the parts needed to those trucks than a Laramie or Bighorn regardless of order date. I believe the same thing could be said for something like LED lighting on a Bighorn when it comes standard on the Laramie's an so on and so on.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Anybody have any luck with RamChat giving an ETA to dealer?

My truck has been ready for shipment for over a week now and can’t get anything beyond that from chat or dealer. Also checked Cassens but no VIN found. Maybe using a different shipping service. Are there others that can be checked?
ram chat is to make the customers feel good.
you want real eta answers contact the dealer

ManchuWarrior

Reaction score
Just speculating, but I think the trend here is the more options your truck has that are standard on upper trims, the longer the delay. For example, air suspension comes standard on Limited's so they are more likely to allocate the parts needed to those trucks than a Laramie or Bighorn regardless of order date. I believe the same thing could be said for something like LED lighting on a Bighorn when it comes standard on the Laramie's an so on and so on.
I ordered a Back Country with LEDs. I'll have a decent wait when only a handful are built a day. I'm still waiting for a scheduled build date. Ordered 4/4.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
what is your take on the air suspension? My short time following this thread I have not seen any air suspension trucks come out. My dealer rep said he has a customer with a 2500 who has air suspension and his has been held up for a while too.
I am just basing my opinion off of what I see on the tracker. What you can do is look up all vehicles like yours that have already had BS/WS and see if any match your build and then look for the member on here and see if they have their vehicle specs listed in their signature and if they do, see when their order was placed. Also find trucks that haven't been built and do the same. I did that with all the big horn orders that don't have BS yet and then looked at the members and found most have back country orders and then mine, which has night edition. Kind of put 2 and 2 together and it seems there is parts issues with those orders. Or like @bigmac5166 said, ram builds trucks that come standard with certain options before trucks that have the same options ordered, but are add ons. That makes more sense. Then again, I have no clue what the true scenerio is considering some trucks are built in a week after ordering and the same truck is built 4 months after ordering

Tdmva21

Reaction score

Not sure, and I’m not great example bcause it’s been exactly 1 month and a day since my order went in. I am still in D status and have a truck on order with everything you can get on it almost.

Reaction score
what is your take on the air suspension? My short time following this thread I have not seen any air suspension trucks come out. My dealer rep said he has a customer with a 2500 who has air suspension and his has been held up for a while too.
I didn't order the air suspension but wanted it and was told I couldn't get it back in the beginning of March when I ordered. When my BS was posted it was listed having the air suspension. That still to be seen as it has not arrived to my dealer

jake_eizy

Reaction score
I didn't order the air suspension but wanted it and was told I couldn't get it back in the beginning of March when I ordered. When my BS was posted it was listed having the air suspension. That still to be seen as it has not arrived to my dealer
I ordered mine in march and asked for air suspension. It did not show up on the order sheet. I spoke with ram chat and they said it will have air suspension even though it does not appear on the order sheet. Once I see it on the build sheet I will believe it.

Reaction score
I ordered mine in march and asked for air suspension. It did not show up on the order sheet. I spoke with ram chat and they said it will have air suspension even though it does not appear on the order sheet. Once I see it on the build sheet I will believe it.
Well all I know is I did not pay for and will not be paying for it. My WS and order sheet have the same final price.

Michigan_E

Reaction score
I will second this speculation. When I was looking, I wanted the night edition. Dealer said it would likely be a longer wait for the Big Horn + LED instead of Laramie, based on what he was seeing.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here's what these new emails look like. I've received one to confirm my order, confirm production is scheduled (D1), and now rolling down the assembly line.
Been asking my dealer and RamChat about this exact thing for weeks and they claim the system hasn’t started sending emails yet. I told them baloney there are plenty of customers already getting them but they still stick to the same story. Seems all active orders would get the same treatment at once. Makes no sense.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Been asking my dealer and RamChat about this exact thing for weeks and they claim the system hasn’t started sending emails yet. I told them baloney there are plenty of customers already getting them but they still stick to the same story. Seems all active orders would get the same treatment at once. Makes no sense.
you probably ordered too early

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What exactly happens when your truck is at Body Vendor?

My truck has been assembled for over a week and ready for shipping but they claim it’s at the Body Vendor. Doesn’t sound ready to ship to me. 🤔

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

My truck has been assembled for over a week and ready for shipping but they claim it’s at the Body Vendor. Doesn’t sound ready to ship to me. 🤔
They install non production-line items. Tonneau covers, graphics, step bars, Rambars, bedliners, etc.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

JB – shipped to body vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, graphics etc.

Chicagoshoop

Reaction score
Placed my order yesterday. Will get VIN from dealer sometime next week, didn’t want to bother him so soon, and add to the tracker.

Users who are viewing this thread