5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

MO Rebel

Reaction score
That must’ve been a long time ago. I just ordered my truck at the beginning of April with the non e torque and it was only $2795. Unless they charge more on the rebel
That truck is still in transit. It was built early April 2022. The VIN is in the 333xxx range. I was able to find the build sheet using all caps like @bigdodge suggested. I was just trying to verify if it was in fact built with the 5.7 as opposed to the diesel. Build sheet (attached) does show order package 25W and 5.7 non eTorque. My Rebel was ordered in February and built 3/25/22 and it was the $2,795 option for non eTorque 5.7. I just think that has to be a mistake, but the window sticker MSRP includes the $4,995. I hope the buyer is well informed.
EBC297FB-5A2B-4026-A757-B8273DFACD0B.png

MO Rebel

Reaction score

truckless

Reaction score

mophead

Reaction score
@triple_B or anyone else. Is there a website to check the entire US for a particular build? The Ram site only goes 250 miles

Last edited:

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
When I ordered my truck I was concerned about trucks being delivered without certain options and my dealer said RAM had an advantage over Ford and Chevy because they stockpiled a massive amount of chips before the shortage so they would never do that.

Guess they used up that stockpile……….or they never had one to start with and my dealer was just feeding me a line of crap. 🤔

In 2021 Ram increased their sales albeit not as quickly as normal. The other manufacturers had a large reduction in sales.

Model2021 sales2020 salesChange (%)
GM Trucks (COMBINED)*768,698839,691-8.4%
Ford F-Series726,004787,422-7.8%
Ram Trucks569,388563,676+1%
– Chevrolet Silverado*519,774586,675-11.4%
– GMC Sierra*248,924253,016-1.6%
Toyota Tundra81,959109,203-24.9%
Nissan Titan27,40626,4393.7%

In Q1 2022 Ram did have a 15% Reduction but Ford had a 33%. So in sum yes Ram has fared the chip shortage the best by a pretty wide margin so far, but its anyone's guess if that will continue. Good thing foam cup holders don't require a chip.

GrumpyDUB

Reaction score
Good thing foam cup holders don't require a chip.

I've heard the cause of the worldwide chip shortage was actually the foam cup holders. It's how Ram has stayed above the chip shortage. They pre-ordered enough chips to outfit new Rams for a generation. For each cupholder they short their customer, they're able to produce 10 additional trucks. If you get a cupholder in each door, you just cost 20 people a brand new truck.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! See my signature
Are you wanting to find the Laramie Quad you have crossed off, or the Big Horn?

They only build 69 of the Laramie's so that's going to be a tough one to find!

*EDIT to add*
Nevermind, all 69 of those are sold already so you must mean the Silver Bighorn

mophead

Reaction score
Are you wanting to find the Laramie Quad you have crossed off, or the Big Horn?

They only build 69 of the Laramie's so that's going to be a tough one to find!

*EDIT to add*
Nevermind, all 69 of those are sold already so you must mean the Silver Bighorn
Yep, the BH. Thanks again!

I'll take the Olive Laramie Quad and you can change the 1/1 to 2/2 for the Olive and maybe 1/70 - 22' Laramie Quads. :whistle:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, the BH. Thanks again!

I'll take the Olive Laramie Quad and you can change the 1/1 to 2/2 for the Olive and maybe 1/70 - 22' Laramie Quads. :whistle:
Well, there isn't one that matches EVERYTHING. but if I drop it to

Just Big Horn, Quad Cab, 6'4" Bed, 4x4, Hemi, Silver, Offroad, with 33 Gallon tank only gives 3 results across the country. If you want to tweak the options just let me know what to swap out.

They have only built 31 that even match this limited criteria in total and 28 of them look to be sold already.

1 of those 3 is a Back Country trim as well.

Sorting them nearest to you in Maryland the first is in Franklin TN

Next is in Missouri (Back Country)

Last is in California

Last edited:

mophead

Reaction score
Well, there isn't one that matches EVERYTHING. but if I drop it to

Just Big Horn, Quad Cab, 6'4" Bed, 4x4, Hemi, Silver, Offroad, with 33 Gallon tank only gives 3 results across the country. If you want to tweak the options just let me know what to swap out.

They have only built 31 that even match this limited criteria in total and 28 of them look to be sold already.
Yeah, adding premium lites to a BH Quad really eliminates the hits even more and I won't buy one without them. I kinda figured low numbers for my build. Still figuring out my retirement, so no big rush. Might even wait for a straight 6. Kinda regretting not ordering the Laramie in Olive last year, but gotta eat too. I'll hang around to keep up with all the changes and then make a compulsive buy, lol.

Really appreciate you trying to help!

Last edited:

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, adding premium lites to a BH Quad really eliminates the hits even more and I won't buy one without them. I kinda figured low numbers for my build. Still figuring out my retirement, so no big rush. Might even wait for a straight 6. Kinda regretting not ordering the Laramie in Olive last year, but gotta eat too. I'll hang around to keep up with all the changes and then make a compulsive buy, lol.

Really appreciate you trying to help!
If you want me to swap something like the 33 gallon tank for the premium lites and search again just let me know.

Good Luck finding your unicorn!

Users who are viewing this thread