5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking about something similar to this with my wife lol. triple_b and Eighty do an awesome job on this stuff that I am super grateful for! But even if it could be an “add on” of sorts. Something that costs an extra $20 dollars to have literal tracking though out the process, like fedex. Where it stops and when. I’m pretty sure everyone who orders one would love that. And even at $20 per order, that alone would bring in enough money to make it work/worth it lol
I can assure you that $20 is not nearly enough money for the pain and suffering it would require to keep you lot satisfied

truckless

Reaction score
Been doing the FCA chat weekly just checking the progress of my order. Been over a month and just tagged as being scheduled for build right now.

You would think these days you could sign up for text updates from the factory to get live movement of your order through the entire build process.

HA....you should try being Canadian and getting information. ;)

truckless

Reaction score
I don't understand why the buyer doesn't at least have direct access to their POC. At least so we can look at it every so often to see what status the truck is in.

I think it is because in the current business model your relationship is with the dealer and that is THEIR purchase order, not ours??? Just my thought.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it is because in the current business model your relationship is with the dealer and that is THEIR purchase order, not ours??? Just my thought.
I just think with all the technology out there, the buyer should have some online access to check the status of their order without having to ask the dealer/ram cares for updates. The closest thing at this point is the tracker but you only see once your bs/ws have been done. I guess that is better then nothing.

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Been doing the FCA chat weekly just checking the progress of my order. Been over a month and just tagged as being scheduled for build right now.

You would think these days you could sign up for text updates from the factory to get live movement of your order through the entire build process.
I concur

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I just think with all the technology out there, the buyer should have some online access to check the status of their order without having to ask the dealer/ram cares for updates. The closest thing at this point is the tracker but you only see once your bs/ws have been done. I guess that is better then nothing.
the "buyer" can not have access because you are not the buyer yet, you have only placed an order. the dealer is the buyer.
If you would have put your money down ( not the small amount to start the order) done your financing then maybe you could get what you are asking.

this is another reason
"Long-established state franchise laws that largely prohibit direct sales by auto manufacturers are the biggest reasons dealers are mostly impervious to outside threats. The idea behind the franchise system is that third-party businesses can service customers better by fostering competition."

MartyIA

Reaction score
Looked up your WS and was surprised. Mine has a section your's doesn't:

EXTERIOR FEATURES
20–Inch x 9.0–Inch Polished Wheels with Inserts
275/55R20 BSW All–Season Tires
Power Running–Boards
Spray–In Bedliner by Mopar®
Pick–Up Box Lighting

My dealer texted me this morning and said I'm definitely correct, it's a factory error in the build sheet configuration and he will get it worked out. Downside is it will delay delivery about a week because they don't want the other rims leaving the lot. I offered to bring over the rims I bought for my winter tires and they could swap the tires over, but haven't heard back yet.
Dealer was told by ram they could file a claim but no guarantee it would be filled. They are going to take the limited rims off one on the lot and put my a/t tires on them for me.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do I disable the 3 honks after you exit the vehicle while it’s running ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s a regular setting we can change. More likely an Alpha OBD type o thing.

I hate it as well tho.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
How do I disable the 3 honks after you exit the vehicle while it’s running ?

large thread here about this

see post

MO Rebel

Reaction score
If you don’t close the door all the way (just click the first latch), the horn does not honk. Not a perfect solution, but it works for things like getting the mail, hooking up a trailer, etc.

SunnyS

Reaction score
Well, since I only got the driver’s side foam cup holder, I decided to repurpose it. Told the wife it was a free option for NRA members. That way she doesn’t feel left out. It actually works quite well. Are you sure it’s really a cup holder?

View attachment 127020
Not sure you could get by with concealed carry in that location.But it does look good there

tbnolefan

Reaction score
Just curious are window stickers produced one at a time when the vehicle is released or are they all batched from one day of production and released at a certain time of the day? Basically is it pointless to occasionally search for my WS throughout the day or should I just check once a day at a certain time?

Users who are viewing this thread