5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Basically got told at the dealership for truck #1 today that the truck will be reordered exactly as it was, and I'm not allowed to make any changes, even if a package is available now that wasn't available when I originally ordered back in Oct. However, it will get expedited, with a build date of May 19.

And when I asked about a better deal, to help accommodate for the extra wait time, I was told that they were still working that out with Ram, as it's Ram fault/problem that my truck was stolen from the manufacturer and wrecked

Idk, am I crazy in thinking that some of this doesn't pass the sniff test?

Is this your truck?

gone-in-60-seconds-thieves-steal-high-dollar-vehicles-from-stellantis-factory-lots-184649_1.jpg

Last edited:

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score

Is this your truck?

View attachment 126120
That's what I'm being told. But there's honestly no way to verify it as even the emails the dealership showed me from the Ram regional rep specifically said not to show them to the customer. I guess they're embarrassed by it and trying to keep things hush hush.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
So slightly off topic, if Ram’s are easy to steal, what can we do to prevent this from happening once we take ownership?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So slightly off topic, if Ram’s are easy to steal, what can we do to prevent this from happening once we take ownership?
It's primarily the TRX's that thieves are after (i.e., the Hellcat engine). The consensus on the TRX forum is to start by installing the Ravelco plug. It disables the vehicle unless you plug in a piece that makes the electrical connections. Low tech, but 100% effective (except for a thief with a flatbed). Costs ~$650-$700 to install, no fees after that.
Moving up from there, you could install all sorts of high-tech systems. IGLA seems to be one that has caught peoples' interest.

jives

Reaction score
Keep in mind a lot of these are being stolen while sitting in a "secure" lot with the keys in them... it's not the same as having your car stolen after you take ownership unless you leave it sitting around with the keys in it.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
Keep in mind a lot of these are being stolen while sitting in a "secure" lot with the keys in them... it's not the same as having your car stolen after you take ownership unless you leave it sitting around with the keys in it.

No, they are not. They are hacking the keyless start. I'm sure a software update will fix it before long.

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score
That's what I'm being told. But there's honestly no way to verify it as even the emails the dealership showed me from the Ram regional rep specifically said not to show them to the customer. I guess they're embarrassed by it and trying to keep things hush hush.

And why exactly do you not believe them? They told you your hydro blue Rebel got stolen and crashed, and there are news reports showing a hydro blue Rebel getting stolen and crashed.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, they are not. They are hacking the keyless start. I'm sure a software update will fix it before long.
Actually, from every bit of inside information I've heard, the thefts at the plant (and surrounding storage facilities) were not high-tech thefts. The keys were in the vehicles.

mophead

Reaction score
First which of the two trucks ordered would you prefer. Second, that they won't even entertain possible changes seems odd to me. They could just say availability for whatever you may want to add isn't possible and you go from there. If they have availability you would think at this point they would do anything to accommodate you for the wait. They are taking a loss any way you look at it. The insurance isn't paying retail on their loss. So it's a write off. What's a couple more bucks to them? I have issues with anything that comes out of a dealer's mouth, so maybe it's just me. Who knows what is going on the background??? Yep I smell rotten crabs. Good luck, hope you get what you want at some point.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FCA is addressing the reprogramming problem. They've already implemented the fix for the hellcat Dodges. And there's a rumor that it has just been released for the TRX (for a $385 fee). I haven't confirmed that rumor yet.

truckless

Reaction score
FCA is addressing the reprogramming problem. They've already implemented the fix for the hellcat Dodges. And there's a rumor that it has just been released for the TRX (for a $385 fee). I haven't confirmed that rumor yet.

Reminds me of the window company we had with a 25 year warranty where every year for 3 years after we moved in they had to replace windows with blown seals. They wanted to charge labor after the first time they came out to which I said "so your 25 year warranty is for new windows every year on a subscription plan?"

That is ********. It is obviously their issue that they need to own. It's not like a GPS map update :rolleyes:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of the window company we had with a 25 year warranty where every year for 3 years after we moved in they had to replace windows with blown seals. They wanted to charge labor after the first time they came out to which I said "so your 25 year warranty is for new windows every year on a subscription plan?"

That is ********. It is obviously their issue that they need to own. It's not like a GPS map update :rolleyes:
Clarification (that was just "confirmed"). The $385 fee is to provide you one extra key fob - the security fix is free.
Once you do the fix, the only way to get a new key is to replace the computer. So they highly advise buying an extra key fob.

MartyIA

Reaction score
Clarification (that was just "confirmed"). The $385 fee is to provide you one extra key fob - the security fix is free.
Once you do the fix, the only way to get a new key is to replace the computer. So they highly advise buying an extra key fob.
That’s a pricey key fob. Likely offsets some of their costs🙂

OutdoorsmanBackcountry

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread