5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

truckyou

Reaction score
that explains it
canada has been treated very bad by RAM this model year.
Yeah I've been pretty unhappy/frustrated this whole time. Inquire with dealer for ViN/some kind of update every month or 2 and they literally have had nothing to say until today

have been ready to just go buy something else but got an alright deal that i cant seem to get close enough to feel its worth canceling this order

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, can you still build and order a 21? RAM trucks has the option to build a 21 or 22.

No, they just leave the option there for the ram finder to potentially find an existing truck that matches your build on a dealer lot.

The 2020 option was there last year when I ordered my 21 in March so it's not surprising to see 2021 still there at this point, although it does lead to some confusion.

mophead

Reaction score
No, they just leave the option there for the ram finder to potentially find an existing truck that matches your build on a dealer lot.

The 2020 option was there last year when I ordered my 21 in March so it's not surprising to see 2021 still there at this point, although it does lead to some confusion.
You can look back at the options that were available that have either gone up in price or have been discontinued. Like a lot of both. You can get a sense of semi normal truck market to not normal at all.

petersandler

Reaction score
You can look back at the options that were available that have either gone up in price or have been discontinued. Like a lot of both. You can get a sense of semi normal truck market to not normal at all.
Yep, only going to get worse! Would expect we will see large price increases when the 2023 model year hits.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my 21 has the level 2 package which shows $2500 and the window sticker also shows $2500 but several of the options are missing from the sticker. I assume it is because of the shortage. between the 21 and 22, most of the same options are still there though.

mophead

Reaction score
my 21 has the level 2 package which shows $2500 and the window sticker also shows $2500 but several of the options are missing from the sticker. I assume it is because of the shortage. between the 21 and 22, most of the same options are still there though.
I think there are not as many changes for the upper level trims, just some adjustments for parts availability and accordingly price adjustments. The Laramie is no longer available in a quad. The Bighorn took big hits losing the Sport pkg and early loss but return of the Premium lights. Loss of colors and price increases have been substantial. Of course that is where I am hoping to buy. So of course that's where you can't really get what you want. I also have a sense that the upper trims are top priority for build, at least in many cases. Not nearly as many Limited's are seeing excessively long build times. At least that's my opinion.

EDIT: I will say the Back Country pkg is a pretty good deal for what's included for the price. I just don't like the idea of a black bottom/black wheeled/bumpered truck. I've cussed the dark color trucks I've owned in the past. Biatch and a half to keep clean. To make it even worse it's down low and my damn back hates getting down and back up. I'm thinking protection film, but I'm beginning to wonder if I can't get it painted right for less money. Haven't seen many of these hit the lot yet either. I'm a bit concerned these will have a production fubar like the end of 21 production.

Last edited:

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think there are not as many changes for the upper level trims, just some adjustments for parts availability and accordingly price adjustments. The Laramie is no longer available in a quad. The Bighorn took big hits losing the Sport pkg and early loss but return of the Premium lights. Loss of colors and price increases have been substantial. Of course that is where I am hoping to buy. So of course that's where you can't really get what you want. I also have a sense that the upper trims are top priority for build, at least in many cases. Not nearly as many Limited's are seeing excessively long build times. At least that's my opinion.
Just hope that all the options listed on the website are able to be ordered and applied.

jlrozzi

Reaction score

Definitely appears the limiteds get built quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petersandler

Reaction score
Definitely appears the limiteds get built quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Ordered mine on 3/8 and the window sticker showed up yesterday. 25 days from order to window sticker. Shipping will take longer than that to CT according to the tracker!

Users who are viewing this thread