5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Wellll... the BS issued on Monday showed that the factory left off the 33 gallon tank. I get to start over again. Reordered today.
I had a hard time adding the 33 gallon tank to my limited with the 6’ 4” bed. It says it is already included. I have seen some window stickers where it shows the 33 gallon tank (included) may want to check that in case your truck is one of those such trucks. My limited with night edition and limited level 1 6’4 bed and standard 5.7 has it included.

GoTide

Reaction score
I had a hard time adding the 33 gallon tank to my limited with the 6’ 4” bed. It says it is already included. I have seen some window stickers where it shows the 33 gallon tank (included) may want to check that in case your truck is one of those such trucks. My limited with night edition and limited level 1 6’4 bed and standard 5.7 has it included.
Yeah... we went through all of that. The factory told Renae that it was standard with a 6'4" bed, and was going to be built that way. Somehow it did not happen. There's a paper trail leading straight to the factory. So I just reordered. The 33 gallon tank wasn't that big of a deal, but since there was a factory mistake, I had the leverage. So I used it to add Ram Boxes (which meant I had to go back to a 5'7" bed), change from a 3.92 rear to a 3.21 (because gas wasn't this crazy when I ordered in January), delete the E-locker (this truck is not going off-road unless it's an emergency). All of those are changes that I wanted after I made the order, so I just reordered. She said they are going to express it through. We'll see if that happens.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
that build lists a 26 gallon tank

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
not all 6’4 bed trucks get the tank. It also doesn’t matter what engine you get as I’ve seen diesels and 5.7 trucks with it included. From searching it looks like maybe it’s a location thing or I don’t know lol.. here is a truck built on 2/17 with it included for free on a 3.0 diesel. My Truck has a ship date of 4/22 so we will see soon hopefully if my truck has it or not haha..

Attachments

• A7867F39-88AC-481F-A831-DE0CEB756568.png
    A7867F39-88AC-481F-A831-DE0CEB756568.png
    302.1 KB · Views: 16

aussie_ram

Reaction score
Long story short….ordered truck in 12/21….dealer refused to talk about price. Just kept giving me updated POC’s. 5 days before delivery to dealer they contacted me to tell me that the price was MSRP + $10k Market Adjustment + $4500 Dealer Added Package.

they wanted $91k out the door for a Rebel with a Sticker of $68k.

I got my deposit back and walked away. Got a better dealer that same day from another local dealer.
Please name and shame dealer

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah... we went through all of that. The factory told Renae that it was standard with a 6'4" bed, and was going to be built that way. Somehow it did not happen. There's a paper trail leading straight to the factory. So I just reordered. The 33 gallon tank wasn't that big of a deal, but since there was a factory mistake, I had the leverage. So I used it to add Ram Boxes (which meant I had to go back to a 5'7" bed), change from a 3.92 rear to a 3.21 (because gas wasn't this crazy when I ordered in January), delete the E-locker (this truck is not going off-road unless it's an emergency). All of those are changes that I wanted after I made the order, so I just reordered. She said they are going to express it through. We'll see if that happens.
Just curious since I saw your changes - how much is there a difference in mpg’s from 3.21 to 3.92 roughly? I’m going from the lower to the higher but work pays for majority of fuel - curious for the weekends when it comes out of pocket. I always manually turn off MDS. I’m also going from anti slip to e-locker just for hilly snow/ice & was under the impression from the dealer that this is better for that - I have no intentions of going off road as I have a 2000 Cherokee that’s built to the gills for that.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
not all 6’4 bed trucks get the tank. It also doesn’t matter what engine you get as I’ve seen diesels and 5.7 trucks with it included. From searching it looks like maybe it’s a location thing or I don’t know lol.. here is a truck built on 2/17 with it included for free on a 3.0 diesel. My Truck has a ship date of 4/22 so we will see soon hopefully if my truck has it or not haha..
in my experience if it is not on the build sheet you do not have it

GoTide

Reaction score
GR1MREAPER - I'm sure that's true. In this case, it was chosen as an add-on and quoted with it as such. Then it did not show up on the POC. MD called Ram and specifically asked about it. Ram said it was on the order, that they saw it, and it was going to be built with it. That was when they said it was standard on the 6'4" bed anyway, insinuating it was not a non-issue.
bigdodge - Exactly. That is when MD knew that there was a problem.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
That could be. Hoping mine has it. Even it it doesn’t I will still buy the truck as it isn’t the end of the world but maybe I can get the dealer to add it free as the factory/ram
Is the one who said it was included on my specific truck. We shall see haha. I’m just happy I have a ship date as early as I do. Crossing fingers I get it before the world is in a War haha 😂

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
GR1MREAPER - I'm sure that's true. In this case, it was chosen as an add-on and quoted with it as such. Then it did not show up on the POC. MD called Ram and specifically asked about it. Ram said it was on the order, that they saw it, and it was going to be built with it. That was when they said it was standard on the 6'4" bed anyway, insinuating it was not a non-issue.

bigdodge - Exactly. That is when MD knew that there was a problem.
Yeah that sucks.. we wait a long time for these trucks and they are a lot of money.. Stuff like that shouldn't get forgotten. Hopefully they discount the new truck you ordered more or throw some free stuff in. least they could do for you having to re order and wait for the truck again..

GoTide

Reaction score
Just curious since I saw your changes - how much is there a difference in mpg’s from 3.21 to 3.92 roughly? I’m going from the lower to the higher but work pays for majority of fuel - curious for the weekends when it comes out of pocket. I always manually turn off MDS. I’m also going from anti slip to e-locker just for hilly snow/ice & was under the impression from the dealer that this is better for that - I have no intentions of going off road as I have a 2000 Cherokee that’s built to the gills for that.
I think it is a couple/three miles per gallon. I've seen other posters talk about the mileage difference. Since this is a daily driver truck, I changed it back to a 3.21 like I currently have on my 2019. Just turning 60, I was thinking we may get a RV travel trailer somewhere in the near future. That's why I originally chose the 3.92. But if we do, it'll be a smaller one. The 3.21 should handle it.

In regard to the elocker, we live in the Memphis area. Ice and snow happen each year, but for the most part only 3-7 days out of 365 (2021 was an anomaly, as we had a foot of snow in Feb on top of an ice storm). It's nice to have the ability to get around while others slip and slide. But I just didn't think the elocker was going to be used enough to build it that way. I've heard you have to turn it on before you need it, vs anti-slip which kicks in automatically. I don't know if that's true or not, but I went without both. The 4x4 with good AT tires should handle the limited winter weather in this part of the country.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it is a couple/three miles per gallon. I've seen other posters talk about the mileage difference. Since this is a daily driver truck, I changed it back to a 3.21 like I currently have on my 2019. Just turning 60, I was thinking we may get a RV travel trailer somewhere in the near future. That's why I originally chose the 3.92. But if we do, it'll be a smaller one. The 3.21 should handle it.

In regard to the elocker, we live in the Memphis area. Ice and snow happen each year, but for the most part only 3-7 days out of 365 (2021 was an anomaly, as we had a foot of snow in Feb on top of an ice storm). It's nice to have the ability to get around while others slip and slide. But I just didn't think the elocker was going to be used enough to build it that way. I've heard you have to turn it on before you need it, vs anti-slip which kicks in automatically. I don't know if that's true or not, but I went without both. The 4x4 with good AT tires should handle the limited winter weather in this part of the country.
Thanks for the in depth feedback! I mainly went with 3.92 for the extra pep (somewhat selfishly dumb, I know) & this is my daily driver as well with 55k just in the first year of driving due to work. I will load the bed & pull a trailer of wood for our boiler but not a substantial amount of weight 2-3k tops. I’m sure your 3.21 will be fine for your RV.
We live just barely west of St Louis so we probably get close to the same weather as you in Memphis, but I drive a little north for work (IL/WI) so mainly highway miles obviously with Michelin LTX’s. Hopefully the E-locker is more of a personal use thing to battle the huge hills we drive to get in & out of our neighborhood during the harsher inclement weather.
Hope I made the right choices. We will have to test & compare to truly see I suppose.

Bbrodie

Reaction score
My truck.made it on the train to Nashville on the 11th of March. Found out today it finally got put on a truck today for.the 45 mile trip to the dealer. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up Saturday. Ordered on 30 October.

fliptide

Reaction score
I ordered 6'4" bed and added the 33 gallon option expecting to pay for it. Window sticker had no charge, so a bonus discount on purchase price.

Freebie2

Reaction score
1 more forum member with a truck on the way! Congratulations to @ccelia

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
301254 @cceliaXX
44640​
Longhorn
Hi Triple B
, Iam just wondering if you had anyway of seeing if and when ram might be starting fleet vehicle productions that were order from Canada. I can’t get ram chat in Brisbane easily and was just wondering if someone would be able to help to find anything out for us. We are getting ver anxious about finding some info as it has be now 13 months and just showing ordered still with no vin etc. any help would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread