5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I appreciate your investigation, something is definitely off. I'm curious to see if the truck has 20 inch wheels on it when I take delivery, either way I'll follow up with a post what the outcome is.
I took all the VINS of the 400 that did show to have twenties and searched dealer lots, was able to find pics of a couple (most dealers just had stock photos, not actual photos) They are definitely Black 20" aluminum wheels. None of the 30 recent trucks that show to have 18" wheels have hit dealers lots yet (that I can find anyway) I was hoping to find an actual photo to confirm what the truck actually had but none yet. I'll keep looking as I scan all US dealers lots every evening.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanted to wait a bit and run a second scan to confirm. No Window Stickers tonight, also none from Brampton plant either and I haven't heard that either of them were down so presumably just a delayed release of the stickers. I have read that neither of these steps in the factory are automated and each require an individual to enter data for both Build Sheets and Window Stickers so if that person takes the day off then nothing shows up for the day assuming no one else fills in.

FYI: Did get results for Jeeps from Toledo and HD Rams from Saltillo though, so servers are still responding well.

tbnolefan

Reaction score
would have been nice to know this upfront!

now who did you communicate with?
I am not trying to put anyone or any business on blast nor does it really matter who the dealer was. I was simply asking a question on whether or not this is a known supply issue. I tried using Ram Chat but it wouldn't allow me to connect to a rep. I do a lot of reading and research and it was the first I had heard of this power running board issue so I brought it up here to see if I was perhaps in the dark on a well known issue.

I am ready to place an order and I just want to make sure I am being fed the correct information so I can make choices accordingly.

Thanks.

jwortsman

Reaction score
Damn. My build sheet was last Tuesday and other Longhorns have gotten their WS in a day or two. Ram Chat said my dealer ETA is 3/31-4/14 today, so I’m hopeful it’s any time now.

mophead

Reaction score
unless you know someone at the plant, (a poster here does) we would just be guessing what happened
But if you want we can post guesses
1 paint ran
2 body fell off the conveyor
3 ran out of your color
:)
Shipment of paint cans with no shaker. Happens a lot more than people think.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
I am not trying to put anyone or any business on blast nor does it really matter who the dealer was. I was simply asking a question on whether or not this is a known supply issue. I tried using Ram Chat but it wouldn't allow me to connect to a rep. I do a lot of reading and research and it was the first I had heard of this power running board issue so I brought it up here to see if I was perhaps in the dark on a well known issue.

I am ready to place an order and I just want to make sure I am being fed the correct information so I can make choices accordingly.

Thanks.
I just put in an order a couple weeks ago with MD, and had two options that I had then price out. One rebel, and one Laramie. I had nearly every option checked on the Laramie, including the power running boards. They said neither would be an issue, and even built both in their system, to ensure no surprises.

I ended up going with the Rebel, and they're going to install power running boards when the Rebel gets there. The cost difference between them installing vs getting it through the manufacturer is about $1k, and it's the same part they'd install at the manufacturer as well. Amp makes a good quality one as well, that has a slightly better warranty, and is nearly identical. The cost to install/ purchase the Amp one is only about $2k at nearly every Ram dealership around here (AZ).

I have kept a somewhat decent relationship with my local dealers, and they said everything has been available, although occasionally one option might be out on a random day without warning. I do know some packages limit other options because of compatability. Like I couldn't get the tech group and trailer tow group because of the wiring cluster they both use.

Hope this info helps.

Reaction score
First post but I am currently trying to order a RAM 1500 Laramie with the Laramie Level 2 Package and I was told today that the power running boards are not an option with the Laramie with this tech package. This is the first I've read about this on any of the forums. I really hate the look of regular running boards and I do not want to spend three times what the factory would charge for an OEM install which is what I was quoted to have it done after the fact. While I am certainly capable of a DIY install, I really do not like the idea of ordering a very expensive truck only to not get the options you really want. What is the point?

Has anyone else heard of the Laramie no longer having this option? It is listed on the build site.

I'd rather not step up into the Limited just for this feature.
I orders my truck March 5th with the laramie 2 package and got the power running boards.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
I feel for those who have been waiting a very long time to get their new truck. I received my BS on 3/18 and my Limited is still in “inspection” according tp Ram Chat this morning. I am very envious of those who get their WS within a day or two of their BS.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
I feel for those who have been waiting a very long time to get their new truck. I received my BS on 3/18 and my Limited is still in “inspection” according tp Ram Chat this morning. I am very envious of those who get their WS within a day or two of their BS.

I’m envious of people ordering a month after me getting their WS and BS weeks ago and I’m still in D1. I don’t get it, same models and similar options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
The first truck i ordered in Oct, it didn't get built (ie BS issued) until Feb 1, and has been sitting in inspection ever since (53 days by my count). Funny enough, I used to pester that dealership every weekday for an update, and then when I finally decided to order the second truck I stopped pestering them....... and, they haven't checked in to see why I don't bother them anymore.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
4 more forum members with trucks starting production! Congratulations to @bigramguy, @2022Ram1500, @Bpebler, @dttrip

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
307249 @bigramguyXCaliforniaBlackRebel
309139 @2022Ram1500XNew JerseyGraniteBig Horn / Lonestar
321146 @bpeblerXMissouriIvoryLimited
323757 @dttripXLouisianaSilverBig Horn / Lonestar
Can you explain when this is in the process? Does this mean these trucks have a ship date or that they have entered D1 or are actually getting built? Sorry if you have explained this before. My truck just hit D1 with a ship date of 4/22. So wondering when you post this post with member names what exactly that means. Thanks

mtnbikej

Reaction score
Can you explain when this is in the process? Does this mean these trucks have a ship date or that they have entered D1 or are actually getting built? Sorry if you have explained this before. My truck just hit D1 with a ship date of 4/22. So wondering when you post this post with member names what exactly that means. Thanks

The ESD(estimated ship date) that you get when you go into D-1 is the date that the truck goes down the assembly line. This is when you get your Build Sheet(BS).

A few day later you get your Window Sticker(WS). It’s around this time you get an ETA to Dealrr which is the actual delivery date….or a 7 day window.

That’s how it has been explained here before.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
when triple_b makes that post a build sheet have been issued meaning the truck has left the assembly line

your ship date of 4/22 means that is the date it should ship OFF the assembly line

the truck will not ship to your dealer until after a window sticker is posted

build sheets are issued mon - fri in the am

window stickers are issued every day in the pm

Last edited:

Islander

Reaction score
Ok...I am officially excited now :)

I ordered my RAM Big Horn on June 1, 2021...yes that long ago...This morning I finally got my VIN#: 1C6SRFFT7NN303555

Dealer tells me I will have it mid-late April here in Turks & Caicos....so it must have left the factory already and on its way to Miami before it gets put on a boat.

Can any of you fine gentlemen help me verify its status ? Also I assume a Window Sticker is final confirmation that all my options were actually built into my truck.??

Sorry I am new to this ...my first RAM and first factory order ever

Thanks!!

Mopargirl15

Reaction score
I’m envious of people ordering a month after me getting their WS and BS weeks ago and I’m still in D1. I don’t get it, same models and similar options.

Same here. Ordered mid January and I don’t have a BS yet

Users who are viewing this thread