5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

jlrozzi

Reaction score
well yes sort of... when the WS posts its when the factory has "released it for shipping" and billed your dealer for the vehicle... then, depending on where you are and how it has to get there, the next wait happens... and from here Ram chat is very vague. your dealer will have the most accurate info with their "dealerconnect" system from that point until it hits their lot.

Mine had to go off site from the factory in Sterling heights by truck to a rail yard in New Boston, MI. Then by train all the way to MA, then by truck again from that railyard to my dealer and that took exactly 30 days from WS to dealer lot. not sure what the avg time is to Indiana.
thank you very much. Apparently my truck will be shipped on transport truck as I live in Northern Indiana. I would say that is a positive thing as I use to be a conductor on the railroad and I know first hand the delays with trains.

Ram-583

Reaction score
I’ve put this post off for almost a week now. My original truck had shipping damages and a messed up epoxy seam on the tailgate that already had paint flaking off of it when it was delivered in November. The dealer never made the claim correctly and got stuck with having to cover the damages out of their own pocket after I fought with them and FCA back and forth for over 3 months. They finally decided they would trade me even and order me a new truck to replace my original. This time they offered me the EcoDiesel engine for the same money if I was interested, so I took them up on the offer. Ordered the new truck on 2/10/22. Build sheet and Window sticker on 3/1/22. Delivered to dealer in central Kentucky on 3/10/22. Go figure this truck also had shipping damages but, this time it’s a small chip on the drivers door and a light scuff over the passenger bed wheel well. They submitted the claim immediately that day and I have them on signed document to fix damages this time around. All in all I’m glad they ordered the new truck for me and I believe I was mostly made right, though they were still trying to dodge some aspects of our actual replacement agreement which forced me into taking a higher interest loan to effectively break even. I hope none of you out there have to go through this crap when you pay $70k+ for a truck. Heck, I hope you don’t have to go through this if you buy a $500 truck. At the end of the day I purchased this truck for a total of about 18% off of MSRP. My original deal for below invoice was fine and I wouldn’t wish this trouble on anyone even for a few more percent off of a new truck. My personal credit from this experience being pulled hard extra times and the extra amount on loans is probably what will hurt most out of this experience. I wish everyone else a better experience than I had and hope these trucks last everyone as long as they should for what we pay now days. Something interesting to note is that although my build is identical to my original build in October that shipped the first week of November, some minor things have changed and do reflect on the build sheet. For example, my original build had Tow Package (B) and the new build has just Tow Package. The difference is that the newer one comes with 4 TPMS sensors to be added to the trailer(s) of your choosing. The new build also deleted the air suspension sticker from the back glass, comes with a steel spare wheel for the Eco but still aluminum with the Hemi. I know this because the dealer actually ordered a Hemi eTorque just like mine at the same time that was built and shipped within a few days of my EcoDiesel that they were suppose to cancel under my name but never did. The biggest difference however is that both Limited trucks that are 10th Anniversary and identical to my original build shipped with Longhorn model wheels instead of Limited wheels. Maybe there’s a shortage on wheels now? I’m curious to see if more Limiteds are shipped with Longhorn wheels for the next little bit. If not maybe I’ll have a rare build sheet which would be cool to look back on.
I got my 10th Anniversary Edition Limited last Thursday 3/10/22 at the dealership, I ordered it 12/15/21 and it was a WEDNESDAY:) built truck on 2/2/22. I ordered mine with eTorque and Ramboxes, the truck came with the Limited rims not the Longhorn rims. I don't know if that helps you or not, just trying to give you a time frame with the rims situation.

You could call RAM Care and I'm sure they would get you the proper rims because I don't know how it is possible to order rims for a different style vehicle.

fliptide

Reaction score
thank you very much. Apparently my truck will be shipped on transport truck as I live in Northern Indiana. I would say that is a positive thing as I use to be a conductor on the railroad and I know first hand the delays with trains.
1647446446238.png
This is an older one, but triple b usually posts these as well. The column WS to Lot shows running average to arrive on the lot from issue of WS (as I understand it).

fliptide

Reaction score
How do you know if it is a forum member? I ordered a truck on Monday and no idea how to track or get updates. Refresh my email minute by minute
Add your info to the tracker

Then you can see when the build sheet and window sticker publishes via these posts.
Until then Ram Chat or dealer for status updates. Looking for when you enter D1 status, etc.

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question: are you expecting a 12" or an 8.4"
and part b: are the issues you're hearing about on the 12" or the 8.4"?
I currently have a 12 inch in my Laramie and expecting a 12 inch coming with the Limited. The issues I am speaking about are also regarding the 12 inch.

Delmonico87

Reaction score
I got my 10th Anniversary Edition Limited last Thursday 3/10/22 at the dealership, I ordered it 12/15/21 and it was a WEDNESDAY:) built truck on 2/2/22. I ordered mine with eTorque and Ramboxes, the truck came with the Limited rims not the Longhorn rims. I don't know if that helps you or not, just trying to give you a time frame with the rims situation.

You could call RAM Care and I'm sure they would get you the proper rims because I don't know how it is possible to order rims for a different style vehicle.
That’s funny because the Etorque they ordered under my name and didn’t cancel had a build sheet of 2/22/22. Like I said it had the Longhorn wheels though. I think I actually like the Longhorn wheels better after having them and looking at them more. Besides if it was just a mistake by the factory my build could end up being really rare. Not that anyone else would care but, a cool conversation topic in the future.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a 12 inch in my Laramie and expecting a 12 inch coming with the Limited. The issues I am speaking about are also regarding the 12 inch.
ok sorry then i don't really have much to offer... i have the 8.4 in my 22 and so far no issues.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Copy. No idea on VIN... I'll standby
you can actually also get your VIN from Ram Chat if it is available... all you need is your VON (Vehicle order number) which you usually get when you place the order... I had my VON at the time of order and then chatted with Ram chat about a week later and they gave me my VIN.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ok sorry then i don't really have much to offer... i have the 8.4 in my 22 and so far no issues.
Glad you’re not having any issues! I actually was really hoping they’d offer the Limited with an 8” option! I have a custom 7” Kenwood with wireless CarPlay & cameras in my 2000 Jeep XJ so it would be similar when swapping. I’d rather have all the knobs & also have at least SOME things work rather than none when the screen doesn’t cooperate like the guy I’ve seen post on YouTube. His page name or whatever is Mission Flyer Garage for any of you guys that want to check it out. He’s had his screen replaced, then the brain behind it, & now he’s replacing the firmware. Plus on the forums.

20GladRubicon

Reaction score
For those of you that have your truck sitting in purgatory known as Twin Oaks rail yard near Chester, PA….I had an ETA to dealer as 3/14-3/28. The truck arrived at Twin Oaks on 3/9. I checked with Ram chat and then verified with the sales manager YESTERDAY that my ETA had changed to 4/4-4/18. Needless to say I was pissed! Today I got a text from my salesman telling me the truck arrived at the dealership at 9:00 this morning. WTF! I don’t know what happened, but you won’t hear me complain about it! Three days short of seven months. Will be picking it up tomorrow.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Apparently it's happened more than once......

And, no, it doesn't bode well with me to see a picture of a truck that looks suspiciously like mine, that's smashed into the side of a semitrailer. 😳😭🤣

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you that have your truck sitting in purgatory known as Twin Oaks rail yard near Chester, PA….I had an ETA to dealer as 3/14-3/28. The truck arrived at Twin Oaks on 3/9. I checked with Ram chat and then verified with the sales manager YESTERDAY that my ETA had changed to 4/4-4/18. Needless to say I was pissed! Today I got a text from my salesman telling me the truck arrived at the dealership at 9:00 this morning. WTF! I don’t know what happened, but you won’t hear me complain about it! Three days short of seven months. Will be picking it up tomorrow.
I have seen where folks have tracked their rigs during the shipping process, but do not have a good understanding of how that is done. How did you find out where yours was?

Users who are viewing this thread