5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

You can see the net price match the WS but the up top says it differently. I have never seen this before. I looked at all other trucks, they all line up together just fine. Just fishy.

I already sent them e-mail saying im walking away due to how the whole thing went. We'll see if they try to savage the deal to win me back.
Not sure what you mean. I see $51,185 at the top, at the Net Price section, and on the window sticker.

Ram-a-Kin

Reaction score
went to dealer today. Financing got all messed up. Mostly in regards to rate. Checked truck out, all was good except for the fact they actually “drove” it here from the factory without transport truck. So it got nice 170 miles added on. Totally unheard of. They said they were low on truck drivers. Im seeing those transport trucks all over I-94. Hmm. Plus without the transport. What is $1795 destination fee for? Im having bad feelings about whole thing. I asked the business manager about the uncertainty about the financing and rate. Like can CU change the rates on me? He couldn’t give me straight answer.
The $1795 Destination fee that is charged on every vehicle sold. Most all manufactures have a similar fee.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
watch this video
they want everything perfect
This is a very reassuring video and impressive on the speed they get trucks through along with the attention to detail. I have no doubt that many spray in liner shops can duplicate or produce higher quality, but I bet not many have the consistency and qc that a manufacturer has. Combine that with inconsistencies between shops and I am glad I went with the factory installed bed liner.

GoTide

Reaction score
Mine was $1000 cash for a Limited yesterday, then $500 or 0% for 48 months early this morning, now it's only 0% for 48 months, so hopefully they're still in the process of adding stuff back in

Edit: Ended up calling 800-227-0757 to confirm, they said the $500 off is still accurate, which now shows online again but said no other offers exist beyond what the website shows as of present time
I called that same number. They said that typically incentives are updated on the website no later than the 7th of the month. He said they do not give them (the call center) any ahead of time notice if there are more incentives coming. With that said, he mentioned that the incentives that he quoted to me were just updated. He suggested I check back on Monday the 7th to see if anything else has been added. I would hope more would be added, as my incentive locked-in in January isn't great, but still beats the 'Truck Month' incentive.

m.hamner

Reaction score
went to dealer today. Financing got all messed up. Mostly in regards to rate. Checked truck out, all was good except for the fact they actually “drove” it here from the factory without transport truck. So it got nice 170 miles added on. Totally unheard of. They said they were low on truck drivers. Im seeing those transport trucks all over I-94. Hmm. Plus without the transport. What is $1795 destination fee for? Im having bad feelings about whole thing. I asked the business manager about the uncertainty about the financing and rate. Like can CU change the rates on me? He couldn’t give me straight answer.

You are well within your right to ask all the questions you want. That's used in my opinion and you should threaten to walk away if they don't give you a great discount, otherwise that behavior is taught as tolerated for other customers and sets precedent. Look up this situation on the internet and see what you find. I would have them take the destination fee off completely as a start. That's wear and tear on the vehicle that otherwise would not be there through a normal destination fee, which is standard on all trucks that are transported (not driven) to a dealer.

Shouldn't even be a problem for the dealer to fight for you to FCA because it's not up to the dealer as to how FCA chooses to transport it, riiiiiiight? So, it shouldn't be out of the dealer's pocket if there's a destination related problem. See how they react to that and that will probably tell you all you need to know. Sounds like you should be prepared to walk from the deal too.

Jrm7

Reaction score
They responded today with "I tried hardest and be transparent, sorry this doesnt work out for you. deal was amazing!" and blew me off. I informed the CU about the dealer's screw up. they're pissed. I told the dealer the deal wasn't amazing to begin with. What a joke. They sure took advantage of using my license to make a order then taint the deal to make me walk away so they can sell it at MSRP. So I walked away. It's a shame. The truck is a beauty! They detailed it quite well.

Duckfan1967

Reaction score
They responded today with "I tried hardest and be transparent, sorry this doesnt work out for you. deal was amazing!" and blew me off. I informed the CU about the dealer's screw up. they're pissed. I told the dealer the deal wasn't amazing to begin with. What a joke. They sure took advantage of using my license to make a order then taint the deal to make me walk away so they can sell it at MSRP. So I walked away. It's a shame. The truck is a beauty! They detailed it quite well.
You should contact Mark Dodge if you’re going to try again. Pricing below invoice and working with them was amazing! I’d do it all over again with them.

Ldante197

Reaction score
Picked up the truck yesterday. Ordered 10/17 delivered 2/28. It’s a masterpiece for sure. Everyone who’s waiting it is definitely worth it.

Unfortunately that masterpiece has a small scratch on the passenger door I caught while inspecting it. The dealer gave me a “we owe” when we closed the deal and they’re already reaching out to fix it however they’re telling me the only way it’ll be perfect is if they repaint them whole door.. which scares the ***t out of me. What do y’all think I should do? Do it? How big of a risk am I running having the door repainted?

Few other things to note:
- I was able to use my affiliate code for 1% below invoice
- the current incentives replaced the incentives at the time of order, they did not stack with the original incentives.
- my PenFed bonus cash did not stack with the incentives
- I chose Faulkner CJDR in central PA because they gave me a good trade in value and honored the price from October.
- I have perfect credit and still got a terrible interest rate so I will be refinancing through PenFed. They were totally unwilling to negotiate the rate and encouraged me to use a third party if I had a better rate elsewhere. I wish I had my PenFed check to throw in their faces but I was unprepared! (Car came in that morning and I picked it up that evening)
- they told me I didn’t qualify for the 0%/48 because there’s some tier system that Chrysler capital uses and that I was a tier 3 and needed to be a tier 1 to get that deal. Because I haven’t financed a car before I wasn’t a tier 1. Idk the whole thing sounded shady to me but I was supper pushy and they still wouldn’t budge. Not sure if this is their antics or Ram’s fine print
- otherwise the sales process was very positive
- they matched Ziegler’s price for the Mopar extended warranty (I did the 7/85k for $1600)

I hope this information is helpful to someone as you all have been extremely helpful to me throughout this process. Happy to finally be in the ram family!

720991dcf865997b1743008bef92d7be.jpg

For all who have responded thank you! Here’s a close up of the scratch. It’s a about 1” tall by 1/2” wide on the edge of the door right underneath the passenger side view mirror.
fff9ed4bbc0bfc2dea83a6a67a356cdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwortsman

Reaction score
For all who have responded thank you! Here’s a close up of the scratch. It’s a about 1” tall by 1/2” wide on the edge of the door right underneath the passenger side view mirror.
fff9ed4bbc0bfc2dea83a6a67a356cdf.jpg

Looks like door and quarter panel (right on the edge) just below the door scratch?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score

So the last 2 times i have had body work done for minor stuff like this that was also the case. One for my truck and one for my wife's car. (One time they even painted the adjacent small panel to make sure the blend worked with the rest of the car so and it didn't look like the color changed at the panel joint.) So it seems legit to me them saying that, because it's tuff for them to blend the repair perfectly on 1 panel w/o going all the way to its edges. to be honest I'd be more worried if they told you they WERENT gonna paint the whole door.

Usually its what they do to make sure the match is as close as it can be on an older car where the paint code/actual paint color might be a little harder to find... this should be to that big of a problem since this color is in production currently.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also talked to the dealer today as my ETA has changed the past 3 days... started at 2/27, then moved to 3/4, now its at 3/2 (today) so I emailed to ask if it's even gotten to MA yet, and he sent me this:

1646265369689.png

So I'm pretty psyched as I'm getting closer. Winona is now sitting in a train about an hr away from my dealer lot as of dinnah time last night. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to unload, load and go pending other vehicles for that lot, etc... 🤞🤞🤞

Users who are viewing this thread