5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Ldante197

Reaction score
Picked up the truck yesterday. Ordered 10/17 delivered 2/28. It’s a masterpiece for sure. Everyone who’s waiting it is definitely worth it.

Unfortunately that masterpiece has a small scratch on the passenger door I caught while inspecting it. The dealer gave me a “we owe” when we closed the deal and they’re already reaching out to fix it however they’re telling me the only way it’ll be perfect is if they repaint them whole door.. which scares the ***t out of me. What do y’all think I should do? Do it? How big of a risk am I running having the door repainted?

Few other things to note:
- I was able to use my affiliate code for 1% below invoice
- the current incentives replaced the incentives at the time of order, they did not stack with the original incentives.
- my PenFed bonus cash did not stack with the incentives
- I chose Faulkner CJDR in central PA because they gave me a good trade in value and honored the price from October.
- I have perfect credit and still got a terrible interest rate so I will be refinancing through PenFed. They were totally unwilling to negotiate the rate and encouraged me to use a third party if I had a better rate elsewhere. I wish I had my PenFed check to throw in their faces but I was unprepared! (Car came in that morning and I picked it up that evening)
- they told me I didn’t qualify for the 0%/48 because there’s some tier system that Chrysler capital uses and that I was a tier 3 and needed to be a tier 1 to get that deal. Because I haven’t financed a car before I wasn’t a tier 1. Idk the whole thing sounded shady to me but I was supper pushy and they still wouldn’t budge. Not sure if this is their antics or Ram’s fine print
- otherwise the sales process was very positive
- they matched Ziegler’s price for the Mopar extended warranty (I did the 7/85k for $1600)

I hope this information is helpful to someone as you all have been extremely helpful to me throughout this process. Happy to finally be in the ram family!

720991dcf865997b1743008bef92d7be.jpg

Freebie2

Reaction score
Hi All, Still no update on our ram 1500 still saying ordered from 2/4/21. Is there anyone else out there that ordered trucks round then and still have nothing re the vehicle. No von number or vin number. We are in Aus drowning here with the weather. Would love to hear from people .

UnclJim

Reaction score
With the ultra fine micas they use today blending can be hard even on a brand new paint job. Location and size of scratch also plays into it.

Freebie2

Reaction score
Hi again, Can anyone tell me if it is true that the level 1 equipment group now has the tech group included in it for the 2022 models. Or are they still seperate like we ordered back in 2021.

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
Hi again, Can anyone tell me if it is true that the level 1 equipment group now has the tech group included in it for the 2022 models. Or are they still seperate like we ordered back in 2021.
Still separate from what I can see.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
9 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Waiting, @bk47n, @1ST5THGENRAM, @Donzist, @unkiebunk045, @Cypselus, @TonyCA, @Delmonico87, @Boomer0629

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
151608 @WaitingXX
1​
IdahoPatriotBig Horn / Lonestar
169279 @bk47nXX
8​
New JerseyBlackLimited
189767 @1ST5THGENRAMXX
1​
TexasGraniteLimited
272203 @DonzistXX
8​
Puerto RicoBlackRebel
300897 @unkiebunk045XX
4​
ConnecticutBlackLaramie
303063 @CypselusXX
1​
MarylandPatriotLaramie
309087 @TonyCAXX
1​
TennesseePatriotLimited
311716 @Delmonico87XX
0​
KentuckyPatriotLimited
316281 @Boomer0629XX
0​
KansasBlueLaramie

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
Pretty sure it is included now. If you build a 2022 ram limited there isn’t any tech packs anymore and Limited level 1 is more expensive. It comes with adaptive cruise/lane keep/the auto park stuff and surround view camera. Guessing those were things that the tech pack had before?

mtnbikej

Reaction score
9 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @Waiting, @bk47n, @1ST5THGENRAM, @Donzist, @unkiebunk045, @Cypselus, @TonyCA, @Delmonico87, @Boomer0629

151608 @WaitingXX
1​
169279 @bk47nXX
8​
New JerseyBlackLimited
189767 @1ST5THGENRAMXX
1​
TexasGraniteLimited
272203 @DonzistXX
8​
Puerto RicoBlackRebel
300897 @unkiebunk045XX
4​
ConnecticutBlackLaramie
303063 @CypselusXX
1​
MarylandPatriotLaramie
309087 @TonyCAXX
1​
TennesseePatriotLimited
311716 @Delmonico87XX
0​
KentuckyPatriotLimited
316281 @Boomer0629XX
0​
KansasBlueLaramie
whoa........why is @Donzist Rebel showing such a low Base Price on the WS?

Matrixband

Reaction score
Picked up the truck yesterday. Ordered 10/17 delivered 2/28. It’s a masterpiece for sure. Everyone who’s waiting it is definitely worth it.

Unfortunately that masterpiece has a small scratch on the passenger door I caught while inspecting it. The dealer gave me a “we owe” when we closed the deal and they’re already reaching out to fix it however they’re telling me the only way it’ll be perfect is if they repaint them whole door.. which scares the ***t out of me. What do y’all think I should do? Do it? How big of a risk am I running having the door repainted?

- the current incentives replaced the incentives at the time of order, they did not stack with the original incentives.
- I chose Faulkner CJDR in central PA because they gave me a good trade in value and honored the price from October.
- I have perfect credit and still got a terrible interest rate so I will be refinancing through PenFed. They were totally unwilling to negotiate the rate and encouraged me to use a third party if I had a better rate elsewhere. I wish I had my PenFed check to throw in their faces but I was unprepared! (Car came in that morning and I picked it up that evening)
- they told me I didn’t qualify for the 0%/48 because there’s some tier system that Chrysler capital uses and that I was a tier 3 and needed to be a tier 1 to get that deal. Because I haven’t financed a car before I wasn’t a tier 1. Idk the whole thing sounded shady to me but I was supper pushy and they still wouldn’t budge. Not sure if this is their antics or Ram’s fine print
- they matched Ziegler’s price for the Mopar extended warranty (I did the 7/85k for $1600)

I hope this information is helpful to someone as you all have been extremely helpful to me throughout this process. Happy to finally be in the ram family!

Very nice. Is that Patriot Blue? Looks different in the dealer lighting there. I am slightly surprised on the dealer financing thing. I am hoping for 0% (which they still have through March in my area) and I have great credit and a good history. Who knows...? I suppose I fill out an application, they go run the credit report, and then I'll will know...

Jrm7

Reaction score
went to dealer today. Financing got all messed up. Mostly in regards to rate. Checked truck out, all was good except for the fact they actually “drove” it here from the factory without transport truck. So it got nice 170 miles added on. Totally unheard of. They said they were low on truck drivers. Im seeing those transport trucks all over I-94. Hmm. Plus without the transport. What is $1795 destination fee for? Im having bad feelings about whole thing. I asked the business manager about the uncertainty about the financing and rate. Like can CU change the rates on me? He couldn’t give me straight answer.

Matrixband

Reaction score

Oh, on the scratch, I had the same thing on the dealer of a new Colorado years ago. It was a piece of tape or something that had gotten onto/into the paint, so they said they needed to paint the whole door to make it smooth. They did a great job I have to say.

unkiebunk045

Reaction score

151608 @WaitingXX
1​
169279 @bk47nXX
8​
New JerseyBlackLimited
189767 @1ST5THGENRAMXX
1​
TexasGraniteLimited
272203 @DonzistXX
8​
Puerto RicoBlackRebel
300897 @unkiebunk045XX
4​
ConnecticutBlackLaramie
303063 @CypselusXX
1​
MarylandPatriotLaramie
309087 @TonyCAXX
1​
TennesseePatriotLimited
311716 @Delmonico87XX
0​
KentuckyPatriotLimited
316281 @Boomer0629XX
0​
KansasBlueLaramie
haven’t waited nearly as long as a lot of you, but to me it’s been agonizing. Hoping to come in under the 27.3 day average to lot in CT

RebelChefTobz

Reaction score
went to dealer today. Financing got all messed up. Mostly in regards to rate. Checked truck out, all was good except for the fact they actually “drove” it here from the factory without transport truck. So it got nice 170 miles added on. Totally unheard of. They said they were low on truck drivers. Im seeing those transport trucks all over I-94. Hmm. Plus without the transport. What is $1795 destination fee for? Im having bad feelings about whole thing. I asked the business manager about the uncertainty about the financing and rate. Like can CU change the rates on me? He couldn’t give me straight answer.
So...... they drove it from the manufacturer before conducting PDI on it? Idk......I'd be asking a lot of questions if it were me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread