5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

fliptide

Reaction score
Ok, I checked the tracker and there are no updates for my VIN yet. Thank guys. I’ll check back periodically.
Tracker is not going to tell you anything until built. If you don't want to bug dealer, just bug ramchat. My dealer told me to check in 8 weeks after order. I checked in at 8 and was told check back in 4 more weeks (about now). I hit up ram chat in the mean time and was able to assume that it went D1 status, and a week later was Going down the line in trim status. BS and WS posted here recently. I will check in with dealer March 1, since I need to see what March incentives are anyway.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tracker is not going to tell you anything until built. If you don't want to bug dealer, just bug ramchat. My dealer told me to check in 8 weeks after order. I checked in at 8 and was told check back in 4 more weeks (about now). I hit up ram chat in the mean time and was able to assume that it went D1 status, and a week later was Going down the line in trim status. BS and WS posted here recently. I will check in with dealer March 1, since I need to see what March incentives are anyway.
Ok, thanks.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok, thanks.

And I wouldn't worry about "bothering your dealer", that's their job and the good ones won't mind giving/checking the status code for you. As mentioned, ram chat can be somewhat useless since they stopped giving out the status code and instead give out vague answers, and sometimes have even told people their build was more advanced than it was, so I wouldn't count on them. The dealer can see the status code, so I would check maybe once a week or so with them.

What you're waiting for is to go from D (gathering parts) to D1 (parts gathered with estimated build date). Once you get to D1 you should be able to get the estimated build date from the dealer as well, and at that point you can watch the tracker closer for your build sheet/window sticker or use the links that have been posted to check on them yourself if the wait is getting to you too much!

Last edited:

MO Rebel

Reaction score
it is what MD offered at the time of sale. He covered the high level details. I took the time to read it line by line and do some research and ultimately determined it wasn't for me.

Do they not even offer MaxCare? My dealer offered me a 3rd party warranty and I told him I only wanted the MaxCare warranty. He initially came back with those are much more expensive. When I showed him the Ziegler price, which was actually a couple hundred dollars cheaper than his 3rd party warranty, he looked it up and said that was his cost on the MaxCare, but if that’s what I wanted, he would match Ziegler’s price. Just seems strange that a CDJR dealer wouldn’t offer to sell a Mopar warranty.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they not even offer MaxCare? My dealer offered me a 3rd party warranty and I told him I only wanted the MaxCare warranty. He initially came back with those are much more expensive. When I showed him the Ziegler price, which was actually a couple hundred dollars cheaper than his 3rd party warranty, he looked it up and said that was his cost on the MaxCare, but if that’s what I wanted, he would match Ziegler’s price. Just seems strange that a CDJR dealer wouldn’t offer to sell a Mopar warranty.
My understanding is that they get credit for selling the Mopar warranty, regardless of how much or how little they charge. So, a sale is a sale. Of course they want to make a profit, so they will charge more than Ziegler until you show them the price. Most, I think, will match just to get the sale/credit. But, they probably make a larger profit margin with a 3rd party warranty.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it is what MD offered at the time of sale. He covered the high level details. I took the time to read it line by line and do some research and ultimately determined it wasn't for me.
Just curious, but what turned you off about it? One thing that stood out to me that I liked was how I can call them directly if I'm having issues and they can pull weight to have it resolved.

Boa24

Reaction score
They definitely make more money off of the 3rd party warranties. I had a Zeigler printout when i purchased my previous vehicle and they matched it. There's a minimum price and anything over that is their profit. I have a listing of the actual costs of Toyota's warranties. id assume CDJR's actual costs are somewhat similar. Its crazy how much they mark them up.

mapreduce

Reaction score
9 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @WadeH, @fliptide, @OutlawwTorn, @Schlu, @Nbv316, @bigtexco, @mapreduce, @j_ason24, @Duckfan1967

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
151463 @WadeHXX
3​
TexasSilverTRX
248741 @fliptideXX
3​
LouisianaSilverLaramie
266911 @OutlawwTornXX
5​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267972 @schluXX
1​
MissouriPatriotBig Horn / Lonestar
299493 @Nbv316XX
1​
LouisianaPatriotLimited
301385 @bigtexcoXX
1​
TexasGraniteLimited
306803 @mapreduceXX
2​
LouisianaWhiteLimited
306993 @j_ason24XX
1​
CaliforniaBlackLaramie
309198 @Duckfan1967XX
4​
LouisianaIvoryLaramie
Anyone know why I can open my BS or WS? It is in table, but I can see others but not mine.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Nbv316

Reaction score
9 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @WadeH, @fliptide, @OutlawwTorn, @Schlu, @Nbv316, @bigtexco, @mapreduce, @j_ason24, @Duckfan1967

151463 @WadeHXX
3​
TexasSilverTRX
248741 @fliptideXX
3​
LouisianaSilverLaramie
266911 @OutlawwTornXX
5​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267972 @schluXX
1​
299493 @Nbv316XX
1​
LouisianaPatriotLimited
301385 @bigtexcoXX
1​
TexasGraniteLimited
306803 @mapreduceXX
2​
LouisianaWhiteLimited
306993 @j_ason24XX
1​
CaliforniaBlackLaramie
309198 @Duckfan1967XX
4​
LouisianaIvoryLaramie
That's so awesome! Thanks @triple_B !

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
My understanding is that they get credit for selling the Mopar warranty, regardless of how much or how little they charge. So, a sale is a sale. Of course they want to make a profit, so they will charge more than Ziegler until you show them the price. Most, I think, will match just to get the sale/credit. But, they probably make a larger profit margin with a 3rd party warranty.
What is the Ziegler warranty or max care? I normally don’t keep trucks lingers Im then 4-5 years so I don’t ever buy an extended warranty. They usually get thrown out whenever something breaks anyways and some loophole says not doesn’t cover your exact problem anyways haha. This sounds like all you guys like this max care one though.

UnclJim

Reaction score
Looks like FCA changed transit to jack Cooper. I couldn't find anything on cassens and decided to try pals app and found my vin on it. Shows pending.
how do you look up vin all I get is screen asking for user name and password

MO Rebel

Reaction score
What is the Ziegler warranty or max care? I normally don’t keep trucks lingers Im then 4-5 years so I don’t ever buy an extended warranty. They usually get thrown out whenever something breaks anyways and some loophole says not doesn’t cover your exact problem anyways haha. This sounds like all you guys like this max care one though.

Ziegler is just a dealer that sells the Mopar MaxCare warranty nation wide. You can get varying degrees of coverage and different deductibles. They used to offer an unlimited extended warranty, but the most you can do now is 8 years/125K miles or 7 years/unlimited miles. For cost reasons and my average annual mileage, I usually opt for the 8/125 with a $200 deductible. For a 2022 1500 4x4, it currently runs $2,490. It basically extends your 3year/36K mike bumper to bumper warranty and provides rental car coverage. Any CDJR dealer in the country will honor it.

Historically, I never purchased extended warranties on anything, but the electronics in vehicles today can add up in a hurry. I just had a radiator replaced in our Grand Cherokee at about 50K miles. It would have been probably at least $800-$1K. They did not even balk at it and gave me a brand new Grand Cherokee L as a rental. To me, it’s just peace of mind that lasts well into my vehicle ownership. If things start to go south after 125K, it’s time to trade.

Jrm7

Reaction score
how do you look up vin all I get is screen asking for user name and password
I think they took off the actual tracking. I mean, my truck already arrived and the tracking shows pending. So we got no way of knowing.

fliptide

Reaction score

151463 @WadeHXX
3​
TexasSilverTRX
248741 @fliptideXX
3​
LouisianaSilverLaramie
266911 @OutlawwTornXX
5​
FloridaGraniteRebel
267972 @schluXX
1​
299493 @Nbv316XX
1​
LouisianaPatriotLimited
301385 @bigtexcoXX
1​
TexasGraniteLimited
306803 @mapreduceXX
2​
LouisianaWhiteLimited
306993 @j_ason24XX
1​
CaliforniaBlackLaramie
309198 @Duckfan1967XX
4​
LouisianaIvoryLaramie
Thanks @triple_B for the great news!
And thank you to @Eighty as well. This is just for you 🤣
Woohoo!
B15StAn.gif

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Doubtful that many on the forums care because there were NO members in this range, but many have questioned the 242-245 VIN gap on the charts where there was a black hole of nearly 3000 trucks that have had no movement at all. They all appear to be BIG Horn/Lonestar trucks so possibly a massive fleet order perhaps. Well, I finally detected some movement tonight and found 27 trucks in the 243 VIN group in frame so hopefully we will see some build sheets early next week finally.
remember this?

Users who are viewing this thread