5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Big Rock

Reaction score
I post to ask a question about my 2022 Ram Rebel GT which has been built.

I have been inquiring about the transit of my truck to my dealership, it has been in New Boston for ~12 days awaiting shipment from the vendor location just outside of Sterling Heights.

Today, I found out my truck's status changed from a "customer order" to a "dealer stock order", and my name is no longer on the order.

I talked to my dealer today and they do not know why, they messaged the district rep for an explanation.

Has anyone experienced this with their order, does it matter or is there something I need to know?
It's funny you say that... I looked on my dealerships website today and they have my truck listed on their site. On the listing it says truck is in transit to dealer which it has been for the last 2 weeks. Just find it very odd they have it posted on their site with all the other trucks they have for sale.

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am still running multiple BS scans throughout the day since the servers have been jacked up for more than a week. I have found an additional 995 BS since the post this morning for a daily total of 3289 trucks.

Found 1562 Window Stickers tonight. 5 more forum members with trucks on the way! Congratulations to @dklwood, @drossday, @waltzy23, @ndaniels, @cobrakai77584

VINBSWSBStoWSSTATECOLORSERIES
150134 @dklwoodXX
0​
MississippiBlackBig Horn / Lonestar
171590 @drossdayXX
0​
CaliforniaPatriotLaramie
210514 @waltzy23XX
14​
FloridaDelmonicoLonghorn
214394 @ndanielsXX
0​
LouisianaBlueLaramie
227201 @cobrakai77584XX
0​
LouisianaBlackRebel

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I post to ask a question about my 2022 Ram Rebel GT which has been built.

I have been inquiring about the transit of my truck to my dealership, it has been in New Boston for ~12 days awaiting shipment from the vendor location just outside of Sterling Heights.

Today, I found out my truck's status changed from a "customer order" to a "dealer stock order", and my name is no longer on the order.

I talked to my dealer today and they do not know why, they messaged the district rep for an explanation.

Has anyone experienced this with their order, does it matter or is there something I need to know?

HOLY SH!T mine too!!!!! and I was just there today and we looked at dealer connect and it said in transit and was still under My name!!

48e461251377d9898a665b7a0511dbe4.jpg

I’m going back in first thing tomorrow to talk to them. WTAF!?

Anyone else??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deebeezie

Reaction score
Exactly!!! I went over every inch of the truck. Everything is spot on except the CAI. I just left without the Mopar CAI. A dealer in NY is going to replace it. They definitely took care of me because of this screw up. It will all work out in the end🤞🏼🤞🏼
Glad you're happy in the end. That's what really matters! Other than the longer than expected wait at the dealership, what are your final thoughts and opinions of Koon's. On the drive home did you think everything in this process went about as well as you hoped (clearly, this excludes your CAI debacle)?

Enjoy your new truck!

triple_B

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
Exactly!!! I went over every inch of the truck. Everything is spot on except the CAI. I just left without the Mopar CAI. A dealer in NY is going to replace it. They definitely took care of me because of this screw up. It will all work out in the end🤞🏼🤞🏼
HOW did you make out with the financing department? That is my beggest concern? The Koons deal is u must finance thru Chrysler Capital or loose the 1000.00. I was wondering what rate you received????

Duckfan1967

Reaction score

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
HOLY SH!T mine too!!!!! and I was just there today and we looked at dealer connect and it said in transit and was still under My name!!

48e461251377d9898a665b7a0511dbe4.jpg

I’m going back in first thing tomorrow to talk to them. WTAF!?

Anyone else??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how many orders do you have? cause the tracker has a different vin

usually, orders are never cancelled if you order another

GoTide

Reaction score
HOW did you make out with the financing department? That is my beggest concern? The Koons deal is u must finance thru Chrysler Capital or loose the 1000.00. I was wondering what rate you received????
They make kickback money from Chrysler Capital and can add a few points to the % you pay for your loan. That's likely their motivation for that policy. A few automakers have changed their policies towards dealerships marking up loan percentages by allowing only a maximum markup by the dealer on loans of 1%-2%. Chrysler is not one of them, at least not at this point. That's one benefit of having financing set up before you get there. You can shop your rate, and not get taken by the F&I guy (or gal). You very well could save more than that $1000 in your interest rate with outside financing.

If you tell them you have your own financing, they will ask you what rate you have in your pocket. Don't tell them. Let them tell you their rate first. If you come back with a better rate in your pocket, and they "make a phone call" and suddenly can beat it... they were marking up your loan.

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
They make kickback money from Chrysler Capital and can add a few points to the % you pay for your loan. That's likely their motivation for that policy. A few automakers have changed their policies towards dealerships marking up loan percentages by allowing only a maximum markup by the dealer on loans of 1%-2%. Chrysler is not one of them, at least not at this point. That's one benefit of having financing set up before you get there. You can shop your rate, and not get taken by the F&I guy (or gal). You very well could save more than that $1000 in your interest rate with outside financing.

If you tell them you have your own financing, they will ask you what rate you have in your pocket. Don't tell them. Let them tell you their rate first. If you come back with a better rate in your pocket, and they "make a phone call" and suddenly can beat it... they were marking up your loan.
I know. Ive been buying for 35+ years. LEASING is the exact same way with money factor. Koons has screwed me before... Well, their financing department, NOT my original sales guy. Was a 2019 Jeep. Said they were doing me a favor at 5.99 with an 836 Credit Score. I was going to choke the f!cker out. When I bought my Scat Pack in 2020, I just brought a check. I have some time to mull it over. My bank is at 2.19. I clearly see Chryslers standard rate for teir 1 is 1.9. And I'm ok with that. I'm not going to get screwed again. Once is enough.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same info, in the chart. But also includes @BNJMN.
Also includes new member additions (@Limited_Ram, @eaglemike, @Niceneasy).

Servers have been terrible for over a week, so there's a chance that additional build sheets could be found shortly.

Picture1.jpg

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know. Ive been buying for 35+ years. LEASING is the exact same way with money factor. Koons has screwed me before... Well, their financing department, NOT my original sales guy. Was a 2019 Jeep. Said they were doing me a favor at 5.99 with an 836 Credit Score. I was going to choke the f!cker out. When I bought my Scat Pack in 2020, I just brought a check. I have some time to mull it over. My bank is at 2.19. I clearly see Chryslers standard rate for teir 1 is 1.9. And I'm ok with that. I'm not going to get screwed again. Once is enough.
THIS^^ Unless the manufacturer is offering a great finance deal (like zero APR), I always get my own financing at my local credit union. Other than zero percent deals, they have never been beat plus they are easy to work with. For leases, you can find Chrysler Capital standard money factor online as well as any good MF deals they have. Dealership's are in it to make money, so if they are offering $1k off but you gotta finance through them, they are likely getting more than $1K somewhere else. Look for the rub and you will find it. A buddy who is a salesman at a dealership was telling me his shop gets pi$$ed if someone comes in with cash (or already financed). It doesn't take long to figure out why.

I don't think most dealerships are trying to screw people over, but they will make more money with the buyer who either doesn't care or doesn't know about the "gotcha's". I like buying and selling cars. The other day my wife told me I should work at the dealership as the FI guy since I kinda understand how it works. I told her I couldn't do that since ,in a way, they take advantage of people.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same info, in the chart. But also includes @BNJMN.
Also includes new member additions (@Limited_Ram, @eaglemike, @Niceneasy).

Servers have been terrible for over a week, so there's a chance that additional build sheets could be found shortly.

View attachment 121399
Kinda like gambling, bingo, lottery...people are starting to hit all around me...just waiting for my number to come up. Exciting building then a big "awww" when the latest BS are announced. 😂

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
how many orders do you have? cause the tracker has a different vin

usually, orders are never cancelled if you order another
No, that is the same vin that is in the tracker and it's my only order.

BUT, in my panic, I went by there again this AM and talked to my guy and he reassured me that by law in MA (idk about anywhere else but i'm sure it's similar) they cannot sell the truck to anyone but me, and the only way it ends up as "dealer stock" is if I cancel it.

Once the factory invoices the dealer (WS shows up) that VIN automatically shows up in their inventory. And they leave it there for marketing as well so people can see that they are able to get one with these features if they want, but when it arrives it gets a SOLD hang tag on the mirror and they don't even put up the WS, it stays in the backseat with the floor mats and the bed divider until they PDI and we finish the deal.

So i'm satisfied with that info. It's just been a bumpy ride as my original Salesman is no longer there, and my original sales manager who did my order is ALSO no longer there... so it gets a bit worrisome, but the current guy is taking care of me.

Last edited:

GoTide

Reaction score
They'll take it if you let them. They are going to try to make as much money in F&I as they can. Being educated about the process is the best way to counter. Sounds like you are well prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/