5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

sactruck

Reaction score
I live in upstate NY and my truck has been in the shipping stage for 5 weeks and counting. It took about 3 weeks to make it to the railyard 1 hour from my dealer. It has been in the railyard for 2 weeks now. I am hoping that it makes it to the dealer this week so I can take advantage of an Albany area rebate that expires on 2/11.

Deebeezie

Reaction score
Congratulations, @Xchief. I am awaiting delivery from Koons. How was your experience at the dealership? Can you elaborate specifically on the rumors of them double charging for destination fees? Moreover, can you also discuss your, if any, experience with their finance department. Reading a lot of negative experiences on both of these topics, and I am just looking to separate fact from fiction before I go get my truck. Thanks in advance!

Xchief

Reaction score
Congratulations, @Xchief. I am awaiting delivery from Koons. How was your experience at the dealership? Can you elaborate specifically on the rumors of them double charging for destination fees? Moreover, can you also discuss your, if any, experience with their finance department. Reading a lot of negative experiences on both of these topics, and I am just looking to separate fact from fiction before I go get my truck. Thanks in advance!
Thanks but unfortunately I cant make it there from Long Island until the 21st so I won't know till then. So far things have been going very smooth. No pics of my truck, I asked Craig if he could send me something. He said he was very busy. As far as the finance department, I asked to speak to them and go over some numbers and Craig said they can't do anything until I get there. That concerns me a little. Especially after what you're saying.

wtez

Reaction score
Thanks but unfortunately I cant make it there from Long Island until the 21st so I won't know till then. So far things have been going very smooth. No pics of my truck, I asked Craig if he could send me something. He said he was very busy. As far as the finance department, I asked to speak to them and go over some numbers and Craig said they can't do anything until I get there. That concerns me a little. Especially after what you're saying.

I am very curious to hear about that as well - I actually planned to do all the finance work remotely and have my family in DC take the delivery of the truck and road trip it down to me in DFW. What you are saying @Xchief would indicate that I wouldn't be able to do that, which is something I have never been told by anyone at Koons, and which would be VERY disappointing.

I have also bought several cars remotely before, so I know for sure that Koons telling you that you have to be there in person to learn anything from finance makes no sense...honestly if they tried to pull that crap on me saying that I had to be there in person to do finance work i might just finance it elsewhere and lose the $1k that they build into the deal to finance through them.

GeorgiaBoy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah that sounds fishy! I completed ALL paperwork a day or so before I left for the dealership. Their finance guy made his “pitch” via Zoom and we did all the paperwork via Docusign. Got to the dealership, test drove and looked it over and drove off. Didn’t sign anything at the dealer. Only reason I went into the showroom was to see if they had a hat!

NoMoreV4

Reaction score
I wasn't going to comment on this. However, it really is pissing me off. Not you guys, it is the dealer. This is just total BS and utter laziness. There is NO reason you can't get the info you are asking for if the truck is now sitting in their lot REGARDLESS if you are present at their facility. So, if you are now asking for current financing rates and opportunities before you go out there, how would you be able to obtain your own independent financing if Koons could not find you an acceptable rate?

Now, how do i know this? They did this sh!t to me. Was NOT my sales guy at the time. It was financing. The guy was a complete a$$hole. I had and have an even higher credit score than I did in 2019. Im very deep in the 800's. Ive been buying from Koons for 6+ years. Im on my 6th vehicle from them. Financing raped me on a finance rate that I could have just got from my current bank for 3 points less. I was stuck because I took a flight into the DC area. No way I could redo the loan. Then, he screwed me on a extended warranty refund. Please keep in mind this is not indicative of Koons as a whole. The manager their is completely opposite.

I lost my original sales guy. He went to a different department. So, I was told to work with Craig. It has been rough to say the least. He just doesn't seem to understand me. It is the attitude. Let's put it this way, and really trying NOT to p!ss anyone off, but the fact is, I have been buying and ordering new cars longer than he has been alive. This is what he doesn't get. Im not a kid. I am not a novice. I know more about cars than most.

I will be in the area shortly. I will be paying them a visit to discuss all of this before i drop 70k....

wtez

Reaction score
I wasn't going to comment on this. However, it really is pissing me off. Not you guys, it is the dealer. This is just total BS and utter laziness. There is NO reason you can't get the info you are asking for if the truck is now sitting in their lot REGARDLESS if you are present at their facility. So, if you are now asking for current financing rates and opportunities before you go out there, how would you be able to obtain your own independent financing if Koons could not find you an acceptable rate?

Now, how do i know this? They did this sh!t to me. Was NOT my sales guy at the time. It was financing. The guy was a complete a$$hole. I had and have an even higher credit score than I did in 2019. Im very deep in the 800's. Ive been buying from Koons for 6+ years. Im on my 6th vehicle from them. Financing raped me on a finance rate that I could have just got from my current bank for 3 points less. I was stuck because I took a flight into the DC area. No way I could redo the loan. Then, he screwed me on a extended warranty refund. Please keep in mind this is not indicative of Koons as a whole. The manager their is completely opposite.

I lost my original sales guy. He went to a different department. So, I was told to work with Craig. It has been rough to say the least. He just doesn't seem to understand me. It is the attitude. Let's put it this way, and really trying NOT to p!ss anyone off, but the fact is, I have been buying and ordering new cars longer than he has been alive. This is what he doesn't get. Im not a kid. I am not a novice. I know more about cars than most.

I will be in the area shortly. I will be paying them a visit to discuss all of this before i drop 70k....

Wow sorry to hear about your experience. At least it doesn't sound like Craig has been actively bad to you, and that the bad experience happened under the watch of a different salesman (though it was the finance department that was so absurd).

Seems like it maybe makes sense to get pre-approved through a 3rd party before dealing with Koons finance. A couple percent difference on a 70k loan is a LOT of money.

Xchief

Reaction score

Please keep us posted. I'm going in 2 weeks.

JDK6653

Reaction score
Just went to the Ram website and built my current order. When I got down to the summary, the pop-up appeared. Incentive good until 4/6/22.
Worked for me today. Built my vehicle and waited a couple of minutes and it popped up.

BNJMN

Reaction score
How deep is he willing to generate a number for a friend Eddie? Does a random friend from 5th gen rams count?

Eddieb1771

Reaction score
How deep is he willing to generate a number for a friend Eddie? Does a random friend from 5th gen rams count?
Well considering it's immediate termination for fraud if discovered and they do audit it... for me you have to be really close. Last Year the popped a dealer and salesman near me for fraud. The salesman was using employees I'd numbers to generate his own and selling them.

BNJMN

Reaction score
Dang, what a silly way to lose your job! I’m just hoping my dealer honors the affiliate pricing that was still available when I ordered.

Xchief

Reaction score
I am very curious to hear about that as well - I actually planned to do all the finance work remotely and have my family in DC take the delivery of the truck and road trip it down to me in DFW. What you are saying @Xchief would indicate that I wouldn't be able to do that, which is something I have never been told by anyone at Koons, and which would be VERY disappointing.

I have also bought several cars remotely before, so I know for sure that Koons telling you that you have to be there in person to learn anything from finance makes no sense...honestly if they tried to pull that crap on me saying that I had to be there in person to do finance work i might just finance it elsewhere and lose the $1k that they build into the deal to finance through them.
Same here!

Ram-583

Reaction score
Know someone at chrysler that's willing to generate a control number for you. It's basically friends and family.
So I had a 2014 Limited with Air-Suspension that spent over 180 days in total at the dealership due to Air-Suspension issues. The Air-Suspension would fail and drop to the bump stocks anytime it was cold out. FCA replaced the compressor 4x amongst many other parts. Thank god I had the Max Care LIFETIME warranty on the truck.

The list of other issues with the truck besides the Air-Suspension is long as well. The instrument cluster was replaced 2x, 4x it had intake manifold leaks, the headlights were replaced 2x due to them having bad seals and filling with water, the radio had to be replaced because it would not take any updates and the Navigation would be all over the place and on 3 different occasions that to was replaced. I think the battery was replaced 5x and it had 2 or 3 alternators as well, the only thing the truck did not have was transmission issues.

So when I saw the new 2022 10th Anniversary Edition come out I was willing to buy another RAM (my wife and coworkers think I am insane after all the problems with the last truck) but I simply called RAM customer service and asked for it. They assigned me a case manager who read the trucks history and many problems and they issued me a CDI#, it was at Employee Pricing. To be honest though I was almost on a first name basis with the FCA customer service team and their managers.

This will be my 5th RAM so hopefully this one does not have anywhere near the same amount of problems. 🤞

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/