5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealers also say they can't get below MSRP, and act insulted when you show them you were able to do much better elsewhere.
💯

After I got my quote from MD, I reached out to a handful of dealerships that had responded to me in the past. I didn't ask if they could even price match, just come close so that I can give them my money. Not a single one bothered to reply to me.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
💯

After I got my quote from MD, I reached out to a handful of dealerships that had responded to me in the past. I didn't ask if they could even price match, just come close so that I can give them my money. Not a single one bothered to reply to me.
I offered a local dealership $1k more than MD offer as a "convenience fee" and they looked at me like i was crazy. Almost like they thought i was making up the numbers so I showed them the email and they told me to order from them. So i called Renae from MD and placed my order. My truck is being shipped to MD now and anxiously awaiting for it to get delivered to the lot so i can pick it up!!!

halla

Reaction score
Well my truck was delivered yesterday. I am unable to pick it up. The invoice sent from the factory is $3850 more than the price when I ordered in early August. Since I used the Tread Lightly discount and the dealer is still adhearing to the agreed upon price back in August, they are trying to get Ram to re-invoice at the August price. Could be a few days or more depending. Time will tell. I am just glad they are sticking with my agreed upon price.

Jrm7

Reaction score
Wow, got word my order is scheduled to be built 2/2. Guess they are speeding it along.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
💯

Yep, had a few act like I was making up the price MD gave me when I told them I already put an order in. I was talking with dealers locally, some in Atlanta, Mobile, and Tallahassee. Would've been more convenient, but as soon as Aaron gave me the price and told me they could order with the Southwest Edition, I stopped looking.

ashott989

Reaction score
Surprised you're able to lock in financing, etc. My dealer said FCA don't do that. Hmm..
That's a lie. They can do a Sold Order Protection document that locks in available incentives at time or order, or you can utilize incentives available at time of pickup. You can't do both though, only from time or order OR from time of pickup.

Nachotaco

Reaction score
That's a lie. They can do a Sold Order Protection document that locks in available incentives at time or order, or you can utilize incentives available at time of pickup. You can't do both though, only from time or order OR from time of pickup.
interesting.. what motivation would the dealer have to not lock in incentives? 0/72 was available when I ordered.. Maybe they just don't know about it.

ashott989

Reaction score
interesting.. what motivation would the dealer have to not lock in incentives? 0/72 was available when I ordered.. Maybe they just don't know about it.
I don't know. Either they don't know that it can be locked in or they're lying. Idk that it would benefit them to have worse financing for customers? And they may very well still lock it in if they're acting in good faith.

Attached is the outline of the 0%/72 incentive showing dates it was available, as well as my SOP that was used to lock in this incentive for my order. Maybe this'd help you get this incentive? I spoke with FCA before ordering to confirm I could lock in incentives at time of order and that's how I learned of the SOP.

Attachments

• 66AN5C Details.pdf
    5.7 KB · Views: 51
  • INCENTIVE SOP.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 41

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
I don't know. Either they don't know that it can be locked in or they're lying. Idk that it would benefit them to have worse financing for customers? And they may very well still lock it in if they're acting in good faith.

Attached is the outline of the 0%/72 incentive showing dates it was available, as well as my SOP that was used to lock in this incentive for my order. Maybe this'd help you get this incentive? I spoke with FCA before ordering to confirm I could lock in incentives at time of order and that's how I learned of the SOP.
Did they run your credit when they locked it in?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some stats on today's 1218 build sheets (1/26/22):

1643231314807.png

1643231327954.png

Nachotaco

Reaction score

Thanks, I ordered a day after you on the 18th. I'll have to talk with my dealer. I know the truck has been shipped and is waiting to get driven from the train to the dealer.

Southside

Reaction score

They likely get commission on financing. Some quotes I got before ordering with MD required I finance with Stellanis and included a 1k credit in the quote for doing so, others want you to use banks that are advantaous to them. If i dont use incentive financing, I will likely use my credit union.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
A little more info on today's 1218 build sheets (1/26/22):
0 - Southfork
8 - Back Country
41 - 10th Anniversary Limited (20 in Blue Shade) <--WOW
7 - Rebel G/T
11 - Laramie G/T
10 - Southwest Edition Laramie

Southside

Reaction score
Did they run your credit when they locked it in?
MD didn't run my credit, but they wanted a copy of my credit score or other financial capability. I would speculate that they don't want to run your credit this early as it would show as a inquiry, which will drop your score, especially if multiple people run it. In the past I have had my score drop when refinancing my house and shopping rates due to inquiries. Inquiries show up for 2 years, but i think their impact decreases over that time.

Ram_Roamer

Reaction score
MD didn't run my credit, but they wanted a copy of my credit score or other financial capability. I would speculate that they don't want to run your credit this early as it would show as a inquiry, which will drop your score, especially if multiple people run it. In the past I have had my score drop when refinancing my house and shopping rates due to inquiries. Inquiries show up for 2 years, but i think their impact decreases over that time.
Yeah, i sent a screenshot of my credit score so they dont run my credit. There weren't any finance incentives other than 0% for 48mns which is still around so i just locked in the rebate. Hoping there are better deals next month!

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
A little more info on today's 1218 build sheets (1/26/22):
0 - Southfork
8 - Back Country
41 - 10th Anniversary Limited (20 in Blue Shade) <--WOW
7 - Rebel G/T
11 - Laramie G/T
10 - Southwest Edition Laramie
People have seen the light! And the light is "Blue Shade". The people have spoken and want to join "Blue Shade". Welcome one and all.😜💙

Users who are viewing this thread