5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
thanks; makes sense—dealer has been pretty adamant telling me it’s been taking 3 months on orders, but this chart is showing “theoretically” im looking at 5…who knows maybe it’ll be my father’s day present this year (i hope sooner though)
The average is around 96 days (order to build) plus final inspection and shipping - call it 4 months. But it's a crap shoot. Yours could get built next week, or in September.

jorzed

Reaction score
For any financial guru’s here I have a question…is it better to place a large down payment on my truck and take the $2500 cash incentive and finance the remainder (say 20k) for around 2.9% or take a 0% APR for 48 months. I’m assuming the cash incentive offer saves more then the financing cost (depending on monthly rates), any input is greatly appreciated!

DuckySaurusRex

Reaction score
For any financial guru’s here I have a question…is it better to place a large down payment on my truck and take the $2500 cash incentive and finance the remainder (say 20k) for around 2.9% or take a 0% APR for 48 months. I’m assuming the cash incentive offer saves more then the financing cost (depending on monthly rates), any input is greatly appreciated!
all depends on what the payments work out to per month and how long the loan actually is. 0 percent interest is awesome especially if you plan on having the thing paid off in 4 years. But if you plan on paying more than your monthly payment then the overall interest for the life of the loan may not be that bad. It is a balance. Try one of the loan calculator websites or find an amortization table that you can plug numbers into and play with. That way you can see how much interest money you will actually be paying over the life of the loan.

Mathis35

Reaction score
I was able to get 0% for 72 months and a 1k incentive (plus 4 $250 coupons off the purchase because it's a small-ish dealership). Think my payment is going to be $680 a month (this includes the 8 year 125k mile warranty that they price matched).

Cutthroats8

Reaction score
Based on my excel knowledge. I calculated you would being paying roughly $1200 in interest by financing $20k for 48 months at 2.9%. So if you take the $2500, you would be coming out ahead $1300. Disclaimer, I'm not a financial advisor.

Last edited:

Camel_City

Reaction score
She’s finally here!!! Just got pics from the dealer, should be picking up tonight! Thank you @Eighty and @triple_B for all the info and everyone else for being there along the ride with me!
I guess this answers someone's previous questions on whether or not they're wrapped for shipping ...Congrats on the new truck!

ashott989

Reaction score
I was able to get 0% for 72 months and a 1k incentive (plus 4 $250 coupons off the purchase because it's a small-ish dealership). Think my payment is going to be $680 a month (this includes the 8 year 125k mile warranty that they price matched).
Looks like you're about 2 weeks ahead of my WS, and with a similar but nicer buildout. I've also got the 0% for 72 months incentive locked in that I intend to use. If you're looking at ~$680/Month, what kind of down payment are you looking at? Asking cause I'll hopefully be going through the financing in a few weeks and was expecting in the ballpark of $730.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Looks like you're about 2 weeks ahead of my WS, and with a similar but nicer buildout. I've also got the 0% for 72 months incentive locked in that I intend to use. If you're looking at ~$680/Month, what kind of down payment are you looking at? Asking cause I'll hopefully be going through the financing in a few weeks and was expecting in the ballpark of $730.
I put down my deposit ($500) and my trade in, which was $14500 - ~$3500 in payoff) so about ~$12k down total. Came out financing ~$49k total. Was able to get 1% below invoice and invoice price was price protected to when I ordered.

Jrm7

Reaction score
Surprised you're able to lock in financing, etc. My dealer said FCA don't do that. Hmm..

Jrm7

Reaction score
Dealers also say they can't get below MSRP, and act insulted when you show them you were able to do much better elsewhere.
Granted, my order is placed with FPP discount. But no financing/incentives locked in. We'll see about the price protection.

Jrm7

Reaction score
Same. Every dealer I spoke with said this. I'll be frustrated if 0/72 isn't available in February when my truck comes in.
Same here. I'm actually nervous about the financing/rebates! It is make or break the deal.

roaminwiththeromes

Reaction score
Truck is in D1 with an approximate build date the week of 02/18/2022. Aaron at Mark Dodge said he heard back from the head of supply chain on Monday that they were trying to get the oldest stuff scheduled. I know I'm not the oldest and am hoping to skip my turn being the lowest 5thgenram member vin not built :)

GTRam

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread