5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

CObiomedtech

Reaction score
Well, 4.5 months to the day and it is home! Super happy with the truck but it had a few nicks in the plastic bed caps from where they prolly hit it putting the tonneau cover on. They ordered new ones so no biggie. Have to say, the air suspension is incredible! Entry/exit mode first then off road. View attachment 114079 View attachment 114078
Looks good! So what mirrors are those? (I ended up switching to black tow mirrors, non power folding)

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Looks good! So what mirrors are those? (I ended up switching to black tow mirrors, non power folding)
They are black accent colored power folding mirrors. They have the same metallic flake as the black on the bottom half of the truck.

louitino123

Reaction score
When referring to cold climates and issues with the air suspension, how cold are we talking about, is his Canada peeps talking here? Im in NH so it gets pretty cold but not like arctic north cold lol

Lord_Spillington

Reaction score
Getting nervous here.

Truck arrived at the dealer today, going to pick it up Monday, and the dealer sends me a text saying he needs to call me in the morning to "hash out a few details." No more info than that.

I have a signed purchase agreement for ~5k off MSRP, but with the price increases, it's now closer to 6.5k below. I really hope they're just calling to finalize everything not trying to renegotiate the signed contract (not justa POC).

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score
When referring to cold climates and issues with the air suspension, how cold are we talking about, is his Canada peeps talking here? Im in NH so it gets pretty cold but not like arctic north cold lol
Im in ND, where it has reached -30 already. I've read that it does okay up until its subjected to below zero for extended time. But, the problem is... its all based on parts and stuff. Some people have no problems, others do. And its just a costly item to have to replace if you are one of the people who experience it failing.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Was underneath my truck today and noticed something curious. This was just built a few weeks ago and it looks like some damage on the rear axel already? Also possibly some rust?
52c021184ef3f3396a9e58c37e0343fc.jpg

9cb9e010cdfb213f3d2335e59f915d31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunnyS

Reaction score
Was underneath my truck today and noticed something curious. This was just built a few weeks ago and it looks like some damage on the rear axel already? Also possibly some rust?
52c021184ef3f3396a9e58c37e0343fc.jpg

9cb9e010cdfb213f3d2335e59f915d31.jpg

are you saying paint scratched on the axle tube is damage? They load that axle on the line with a small crane that I am sure put marks on every axle installed .Used to be my job at a van plant in Ohio

Cda3488

Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've seen/heard that Ram Chat says someone's truck is approved for shipping when it hasn't even been built yet.
There's a chance that it's finishing today, and you'd see the build sheet on Monday morning. Possibly along with a Window Sticker on Monday night.
He will be a lucky fella if that’s the case. I ordered 17 days after him and I’m in framing for a week now. I see this process will drive me bat **** crazy before it’s over!

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
are you saying paint scratched on the axle tube is damage? They load that axle on the line with a small crane that I am sure put marks on every axle installed .Used to be my job at a van plant in Ohio

Cool I figured it could Be something like that but this is my first truck so wasn’t sure. Think it needs to be painted to prevent rust down the road?

Cda3488

Reaction score
I see your build below, how are you able to get a tech package with a GT package??? It was not available when I ordered a month ago. I would give anything for the adaptive cruise and lane keep.

Cda3488

Reaction score
I see your build below, how were you able to get a tech package with a GT??? I want the adaptive cruise control but ordered a GT a month ago and that package is not available!!

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram Rebel Night addition in October, dealer just notified me that it’s being built but I can’t take their word lol any one here can give me a time frame?

FatNelson

Reaction score
Your truck looks great. I showed my wife your pics from the other day and she thought it looked a little low. I didn't see you had the air ride and it was in entry mode. Turns out she has a better eye than I do. Any pics of the inside yet? How are the vynal wrapped seats?

louitino123

Reaction score
I see your build below, how were you able to get a tech package with a GT??? I want the adaptive cruise control but ordered a GT a month ago and that package is not available!!
ordered 8/4 and got an updated POC on 10/4 and tech group is on there still. They streamlined ordering combos at some point after my order I'm guessing. That stinks. Then again well see what the BS has on it.

Phenomenon1561

Reaction score
It’s first time on this site and ordering a truck so what do you mean by poc? Apologies in advance 😂
Is the Priced Order Confirmation (POC) that you should have gotten from the dealer stating your order was placed. Should have your VON (Vehicle Order Number) on it near the top.

If you ask your dealer for an updated POC they should know what to provide you. It will detail out what you ordered, and have an up to date status on it. If it has an ESD that means its scheduled to be built on the date of the ESD.

Last edited:

Cda3488

Reaction score
ordered 8/4 and got an updated POC on 10/4 and tech group is on there still. They streamlined ordering combos at some point after my order I'm guessing. That stinks. Then again well see what the BS has on it.
I played around with the site and it looks like the tech package is only on The Rebel. I ordered a Laramie.

Users who are viewing this thread