5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Start of 2022 Production.

Camel_City

Reaction score

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would they, though? I imagine you wouldn't move to D1 precisely because there is a hangup with color. I could be wrong, but my understanding of D1 means everything needed to build the truck is in order (and in my mind, that requires paint to be available). Who knows, though?

All I know is I've seen numerous Limited's get built with all the specs mine has (including color), and mine still languishes in D status.
I'm assuming if a color has been discontinued and they aren't going to restock it, they're going to approach the dealer to ask if an alternative is acceptable. For some reason I feel I have read this somewhere on the forums, for whatever little that may be worth!

I do know that I have not seen ANY member trucks on the spreadsheet listed as having my color, Max Steel, so either I'm the only one or they just aren't churning them out. Any insight, @Eighty & @triple_B ?

Edit: I have seen some 2022 2500's on dealer lots in Max Steel though......

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming if a color has been discontinued and they aren't going to restock it, they're going to approach the dealer to ask if an alternative is acceptable. For some reason I feel I have read this somewhere on the forums, for whatever little that may be worth!

I do know that I have not seen ANY member trucks on the spreadsheet listed as having my color, Max Steel, so either I'm the only one or they just aren't churning them out. Any insight, @Eighty & @triple_B ?
The fallacy in your thinking is that this would be the logical approach to take. Therefore, it will not be the approach that is used here.

Not counting today's build sheets, I show 536 trucks that have been built with Maximum Steel. Not sure how many were ordered with that color, though, so I don't know if it's a "hold up" or not.

Usmc041127

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer this morning. Their new Ram rep is there today. He said the trailer brake controller and painted front bumper is holding mine up. He offered to change the order and speed it up. I declined because its not the the end of the world waiting.

SunnyS

Reaction score
Question...my dealer was able to place my Laramie order on 11/1 with the A67 Level 2 Equipment Group instead of Level B. They said that Level 2 does have BSM. What are my chances that I actually get the Level 2 group with BSM?
I had ordered Level 2 back in August and not sure when but they changed it to Level B and built the truck that way. Losing the Power folding mirrors hurts a lot. I did get the BSM and it was built with it but my dealer said on Saturday he can not order it on the Rebel model like mine now.

10thAnniversary

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer this morning. Their new Ram rep is there today. He said the trailer brake controller and painted front bumper is holding mine up. He offered to change the order and speed it up. I declined because its not the the end of the world waiting.
What color?

Itsslow98

Reaction score
Called my dealer who said his manager is having a conference call this afternoon to get info on the holdup on the sold orders. He checked and only found 4 backcountries on dealer lots in the entire country. I expect a phone call this evening or tomorrow with an update.

Werfs Flammen

Reaction score
Painted bumper holding it up? That seems strange. But the fact that it is blue makes me feel the blue color shortage is possibly real. But I would think that it takes a lot more to paint a whole truck over a bumper.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Damn nice truck right there!
See you're already eating you some Pringles in it too
:sneaky:
Why thank you!! I'm loving this new ride overall. Getting my Fuel wheels I had on my old ride installed Thursday. Once I get those, new mudflaps and vanity plates all on I'll take some more pics.

Yup, I'm a sucker for junk food, LOL. I actually haven't eaten anything in the new truck yet. I was using one of my employer's trucks and had to clear it out and the can of Pringles was one of those items. Truth!

x50

Reaction score
I had ordered Level 2 back in August and not sure when but they changed it to Level B and built the truck that way. Losing the Power folding mirrors hurts a lot. I did get the BSM and it was built with it but my dealer said on Saturday he can not order it on the Rebel model like mine now.
Power fold mirrors is a standard feature on the Laramie. I don't think I've seen it any of the packages A, B, 1, or 2. I'd be damned pissed if mine doesn't have power fold mirrors. I'd give up BSM before power folding mirrors.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
So the dealer spoke to the factory rep and they said the backcountry package is the holdup. The factory shows a tentative build date of December 8th. Dealer says it doesn't show that in his system but that's what he was told by the factory rep. So hopefully I'll have a truck by the end of the year. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Power fold mirrors is a standard feature on the Laramie. I don't think I've seen it any of the packages A, B, 1, or 2. I'd be damned pissed if mine doesn't have power fold mirrors. I'd give up BSM before power folding mirrors.
My build lists "GT5 | Body Color Premium Power Mirrors" and has BSM included in the Level 1 group. I think everything I picked on my truck is a deal breaker at this point. Either I'll get my truck as ordered, or I'll go with another manufacturer.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My build lists "GT5 | Body Color Premium Power Mirrors" and has BSM included in the Level 1 group. I think everything I picked on my truck is a deal breaker at this point. Either I'll get my truck as ordered, or I'll go with another manufacturer.
Not sure whether you're clear on this or not (can't tell by your statement), so I'll just clarify for the record:
Power Mirrors is not the same as Power-Folding Mirrors.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure whether you're clear on this or not (can't tell by your statement), so I'll just clarify for the record:
Power Mirrors is not the same as Power-Folding Mirrors.
Yeah, I just want the mirrors (and everything else) that are on my POC. Just see a lot of people not getting what they expected.

Ramontario21

Reaction score

Edit: I have seen some 2022 2500's on dealer lots in Max Steel though......
I know i have mentioned this before but my 21 Sport order got delayed moving to a 22 Sport order because of the change in colour....had the Max Steel but i had it changed to Granite....and i had to actually bug my dealer at the time or they would not have discovered that my order was sitting in limbo waiting for a colour change....having said all that my original order went in March 24 and here i sit still in D status...

Usmc041127

Reaction score
Painted bumper holding it up? That seems strange. But the fact that it is blue makes me feel the blue color shortage is possibly real. But I would think that it takes a lot more to paint a whole truck over a bumper.
It may be sub contracted out to another vender. Maybe someone local.

SunnyS

Reaction score
Having BSM for over ten years then buying my 21 Big Horne that did not have it made me sell it and order the truck I am waiting for now. BSM is a game changer for safety and needs to built on every car and truck in the world.Trucks are far worse because of there ride height.

Users who are viewing this thread